- American River's and Whitewater Rafting information.
Sports Online -
- Welcome to Adventure Sports Online. If having the wind in
your face and your heart in your throat is what makes you feel
alive, then this is the place for you. Team Adventure has made
it easy for you to find outfitters and tour guides for your
next outdoor adventure. Outdoor activity resource for whitewater
rafting, kayaking, canoeing, backpacking, hiking, outdoor gear
and more. This is a very nice web site to visit.
- .....working to enhance and protect America's network of
Wild River Coast -
- Introducing America's premier coastal experience. A place
where wild rivers
flow through towering forests. A place where you can discover
quiet waterfront towns overlooking majestic ocean vistas. And
where you will find some of the best weather and recreation
on the coast ....101 Miles of Nature's Best.
- Restore - Protect - Enjoy.
- The mission of the American Whitewater is to conserve and
restore America's whitewater resources and to enhance opportunities
to enjoy them safely.
- Delta Byways -
- Come explore the fertile lands of Eastern Arkansas. Green
and white pilot wheel highway markers show you the way along
the Great River Road. This is the Mississippi River Delta country
of The Natural State. The Grand Prairie. Arkansas northeastern
gateway. The state's eastern border.
Salmon Council -
- Information about the Council as well as general information
on the California ia King Salmon.
& Kayak -
- Web site is Courtesy of ABOUT. Many good links.
& Kayak Magazine -
- Canoe & Kayak winner of 30 national publishing awards, is
the world's leading paddlesports publication and The #1 Resource
for canoeing, kayaking, and the full range of paddling sports.
Since 1973, readers have depended on Canoe & Kayak to deliver
information on paddling/outdoor equipment and services, whats
new on the market, and where to find the best places to paddle.
Within its pages, you will find features about adventure paddling
destinations, equipment reviews, paddling techniques for whitewater,
flatwater and open ocean, health and fitness topics, conservation,
the paddling environment, and the people, ideas, issues and
events that shape the growing sport of paddling.
Cats Whitewater on the Salmon River -
- Canyon Cats provides half day to five day whitewater rafting
trips on Idaho's Lower Salmon River. We also do steelhead fishing
trips and chuckar hunting trips in the fall on the Lower Salmon
- The Conservation Alliance is a group of 62 outdoor businesses
whose collective contributions support grassroots citizen-action
groups and their efforts to protect wild and natural areas where
outdoor enthusiasts recreate. Alliance funds play a pivotal
role in the protection of rivers, trails, wild lands -- natural
areas where outdoor enthusiasts spend their time.
- The Arkansas Delta is a land made by rivers and constantly
changed by rivers. This constant state of change creates a unique
cast of characters to inhabit its plains: from katydids, cicadas,
tree frogs and goat suckers to skunks, rabbits, opossum, bats
and deer. Even bobcats, bears, minks, weasels, shrews and alligators.
Not to mention the bass, paddlefish, gar, and sturgeon swimming
in her waters.
River Runners -
- Washington and Oregon Whitewater River Rafting Trips. Washington's
Most Experienced Professional River Rafting Company. Many Years
of Outfitting Excellence with a Perfect Safety Record. Click
on River rafting trips for some great river information and
- One Environment...one simple way to care for it.
- Ecotrust was created in 1991 by a small group of diverse people
with the goal of fostering the development of a conservation
economy. Our work is predicated on the notion, gaining an ever
wider currency, that economic and ecological systems are mutually
interdependent. To this formulation Ecotrust and others have
sought to add a third "e" - social equity - to ensure that conservation-based
development has positive benefits for all members of the communities
in which we work, particularly those who have been economically
- Far Flung Adventures -
- ..... putting People and Rivers TOGETHER!
- Lake maps and fishing maps from Fishingmap.com.
Environmental Center -
- To protect and restore forest ecosystems.
Colorado River Authority -
- LCRA - Water Resource Protection Home Page.
Restoration Council -
- Petrolia, California. The objectives and purpose of the Mattole
Restoration Council are the restoration of natural systems in
the Mattole River watershed and their maintenance at sustainable
levels of health and productivity, especially in regards to
forest, fisheries, soils, and other native plant and animal
Salmon Group Online -
- Petrolia, California. Since 1980, providing rearing, research
& instream restoration on behalf of the native Mattole River
Department of Natural Resources -
- "We will work with people to manage the state's diverse natural
resources for a sustainable quality of life."
Canoe & Floater Association -
- The Missouri Canoe & Floaters Association is a non-profit
organization of paddlesports outfitters who are dedicated to
the preservation of our natural resources. We protect the safety
of our customers by providing high quality service and equipment
and promote our sport by education about safety and skills of
Favorite Links -
- Birds -- Butterflies & Beetles -- Whales & Dolphins -- Fish
& Aquarium -- Environmental Protection -- TAS Sites -- Ecology
Trails and Waters Coalition -
- The Natural Trails and Waters Coalition works to protect and
public lands and waters from the severe damage caused by dirt
skis and all other Off-Road Vehicles (ORVs). Our website is
designed to be
a resource for the media, activists, and others wanting to know
ORVs and public lands.
West Rafters Association
- Dedicated to pursuing and enhancing the whitewater experience.
Whitewater Association -
- OWA is committed to working with other river organizations
and river agencies in a cooperative manner to enhance river
recreational opportunities for non-motorized river users. Although
this is a Portland based club, people from around the state
and the country are encouraged to join our non-profit, recreational
- Whitewater river rafting and kayaking in Oregon, Idaho, and
Utah with Ouzel Outfitters.
Magazine Online -
- Paddler Magazine Online : World's No. 1 Canoeing, Kayaking
and Rafting Magazine.
- Whitewater Rafting in North America.
- My life as a seasonal Wildlife Biologist. Links, Links Links
and more Links. Wildlife Biology -- Botany and Wetlands - Biological
Equipment & Software -- Parks and Recreation -- Foresty -- Aquatic
Entomology -- Oceans, watersheds, lakes and rivers -- Natural
Resources Jobs -- Canadian Natural Resource Jobs -- Worldwide
Natural Resource Jobs -- Fisheries Jobs - Entomology Jobs --
Foresty Jobs -- Civil Engineering and Consulting Jobs -- Bird
- Recreational opportunities on federal lands. This is your
one-stop source for information about recreation on federal
- A White Water Rafting Directory of Rivers and Raft Trips.
A white water
rafting vacation is only a click away. Riversearch.com lists
whitewater rafting outfitters operating excursions on the finest
the world. If you are looking for an excellent white water rafting
expedition, an excuse to travel abroad, a mini-vacation close
by, or an
exciting activity for your family vacation, you have come to
website. Clickable Map.
Travel Center -
- Point Arena, California. We are your best option for rafting
and sea kayak trips throughout the U.S. west and abroad. With
more than 15 years of specialized experience, we can help you
locate the trip that's right for you, whether it's a one day
beginner's excursion on a Class III (intermediate) river, a
two week expedition on the Colorado river through the Grand
Canyon, or a tropical journey by sea kayak on the barrier reef
of Belize. We are your single stop for information and bookings
on these and hundreds of other spectacular trips with the best
outfitters in the business.
- Explore, Enjoy and Protect the Planet.
Fork of the American River -
- Whitewater Rafting and Kayaking. The South Fork of the American
River forms the Coloma Valley. The South Fork of the American
River boasts the most popular whitewater in California. The
20-mile run from Chili Bar to Salmon Falls features over 20
named rapids and countless waves in between. The most popular
way to experience the river is to sign up with a commercial
Army Corps of Engineers -
- The United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) is made
up of approximately 34,600 civilian and 650 military men and
women. Our military and civilian engineers, scientists and other
specialists work hand in hand as leaders in engineering and
environmental matters. Our diverse workforce of biologists,
engineers, geologists, hydrologists, natural resource managers
and other professionals meets the demands of changing times
and requirements as a vital part of America's Army.
Geological Survey -
- Created by an act of Congress in 1879, the USGS has evolved
over the ensuing 120 years, matching its talent and knowledge
to the progress of science and technology. Today, the USGS stands
as the sole science agency for the Department of the Interior.
It is sought out by thousands of partners and customers for
its natural science expertise and its vast earth and biological
data holdings. The USGS is the science provider of choice in
accessing the information and understanding to help resolve
complex natural resource problems across the Nation and around
Geological Survey -
- Water Resources of the United States.
- Caring for the Land and Serving People.
River Expeditions -
- Salt Lake City, Utah. Grand Canyon - Cataract Canyon - Westwater
Canyon - Green River - Salmon River - Guest Ranches.
You are here: Home
- Travel Results - American Rivers
Copyright 2000-2006 TravelResults.com.
All Rights Reserved.
This website designed, maintained and
hosted for Travelresults.com by
...when it's time to establish an Internet presence.