Birding Association -
- American Birding Association is North America's largest membership
organization for active birders providing leadership to field
birders by increasing their knowledge, skills, and enjoyment of
birding, and by contributing to bird conservation .....we're about
birds, birding, birders.
Bird Center -
- Welcome to the American Bird
Center. Helpful and Informative LINKS.
- There are literally thousands of Birding Organizations around
the world! Some organizations cater to local birders -- in every
corner of the
globe. Other organizations draw together scientists working on
taxonomic issues. Many global organizations work to preserve
the habitat needed for the birds' survival. In many cases, an
organization's members are actively involved in all three --
birding, scientific research and conservation!
Wildlife Federation -
- In-Depth Resources.
Bird Guide -
- Welcome to the Mangoverde World Bird Guide. It is an all volunteer
project to create a freely accessible multimedia field guide
to all of the world's bird species. The main goal of this site
is to educate others about birds so that they will want to protect
them and their habitats
Bird Center - Texas -
- The World Birding Center. One of the most spectacular convergences
of birds on Earth.
Let your imagination FLY !
- The mission of the National Audubon Society is to conserve and
restore natural ecosystems, focusing on birds and other wildlife
for the benefit of humanity and the earth's biological diversity.
Founded in 1905, the National Audubon Society is named for John
James Audubon (1785-1851), famed ornithologist, explorer, and
Watcher's Digest -
- Leading bird watchers for many years.
- Bird watching - the art of finding joy on the wing, in a flash
of color, the sound of song. Bird watching - the wonder of a
repertoire, the tern's diving, the hummingbird's hover. Bird
- the love of the search, the thrill of the sighting, the satisfaction
of success .. Glenda Poulter .
- Your lifetime ticket to the theater of nature .......
- The best bird watching sites for kids, teachers and families.
At our house, you will frequently hear shouts of "We have a customer!",
meaning either a hummingbird at the nectar feeder or birds at
the hanging seed tube. The wild birds have become so much a part
of our family, that sometimes the kids will mention them (and
the wild bunnies) when asked "Do you have any pets?" Bird watching
is the second fastest growing hobby in America, bested only by
gardening. Come discover why.
Watching - African Bird Watching Safaris Birding Tours -
- Peter Ginn Birding Safaris pride themselves on arranging tailor
made, personalised tours for individuals, couples and groups of
up to 12 people who wish to visit Madagascar, Zimbabwe and the
rest of Southern Africa to observe African wildlife and birds
in their natural habitat. We offer a personal service to all clients
which includes planning of tours, advice as to where to go and
the reservations at lodges and land transport.
Watching - Arizona Chapter - The Nature Conservancy -
- Imagine wild Arizona centuries ago. When the contours of the
lower deserts still carried flowing, shifting waters ...when tall
grasses swayed like oceans across the state. When running hooves
sounded a muffled roar and migrating flocks winged a dark cloud
across the sky.
Watching - Australia -
- Australia is unlike any other place in that it is like so many
other places. As one drives along the highway, one might think
"Gee, this looks a lot like Kansas" and then see a kangaroo sitting
right beside the road and then think "Toto, I don't think we're
in Kansas anymore." Drive a little further, and one will see a
completely different habitat that looks like somewhere else. This
is part of the magic of Australia, there's always something new
around each bend of the road.
Watching - Australia Rainforest Birds -
- Bird Watching - Australia. "Rainforest Birds."
Watching - Birding and Bird Watching in Nepal -
- Nepal is a bird watcher's paradise with over 800 species (almost
10% of the world total) of birds. And among them, almost 600
found in the Kathmandu Valley alone. The surrounding hills offer
a varied ecology ranging from primary and secondary forests to
rhododendron, oak and pine forests. In addition, the wetlands
and open fields inside the Valley make up a diverse habitat for
many species of birds.
Watching - Birding in Taiwan -
- Bird-watching Trip Reports. These are accounts I've written
about my bird-watching trips outside of the U.S., most illustrated
with photographs I took on the trips.
Watching - Bluebirds - Watching and Feeding -
- We thoroughly enjoy watching birds and of course everyone has
a favorite ... guess what ours is. Living in NE Minnesota, we
have a really short time to enjoy the bluebirds when/ if they
do show up and only one chance for a nest. Its been years since
I've seen one but I keep my hopes up, I know they are in the area.
Visit their Links page for many helpful and informative Bluebird
- Courtesy of GORP.
Watching - Canada -
- Banff National Park of Canada Bird Watching Adventures
Birding is a sport that everyone can enjoy. All you really need
is a pair of binoculars and a good field guide to help you
identify the different varieties of birds you will find protected
Watching - Cape May
- This is Cape May ...Cape May links page. This is a very helpful
Cape May web site. Click on Exploring Nature.
Watching - Clarendon -
- Clarendon lies along the White River one mile south of the mouth
of the Cache River, in the middle of the Delta farm lands of Arkansas.
It is approximately halfway between Little Rock and Memphis and
twenty miles south of 1-40. Clarendon has a vibrant history and
is also the county seat of Monroe County. Because of our location,
the Clarendon area is a paradise for sportsmen. The White River
National Wildlife Refuge begins at Clarendon and continues south.
The Cache River Refuge starts at Clarendon and extends north.
These two refuges and rivers form some of the best hunting and
fishing areas in the nation. Duck hunting and bird watching are
just two of the outdoor activities this area is renowned for.
Watching - Connecticut Birding -
- Connecticut is home to plenty of American history and such uncommon
species as Pied-billed Grebe, American Bittern, Yellow-crowned
Night Heron, Blue winged Teal, and King Rail. You can learn all
about these birds at the Connecticut Birding Web Site. There are
links to pages on where to bird in Connecticut, a calendar of
birding events, birding clubs, avian organizations and other assorted
information relevant to birding in the Constitution State.
Watching - Costa Rica -
- Costa Rica is a bird watcher's paradise. There are abundant
opportunities to see interesting birds around every bend in the
road. The best way to see them is to rent a four-wheel drive vehicle
and head out into the countryside. Let's go.
Watching - Creston Valley -
- Welcome to Creston British Columbia Canada, home of the Kokanee
Brewery, Wildlife Center, and pristine Kootenay Lake.
Watching - Creston Valley -
- Creston Valley Wildlife Management Area. Creston B.C. Canada.
Watching - Creston Valley Wildlife Management Area -
- BC Rookies, Canada ....17,000 Acres of Internationally Acclaimed
Watching - Cuba -
- If you are an American who is planning a trip to Cuba, you've
just found the right travel agency. Click on Bird Watching.
Watching - Desert Centre -
- Osoyoos, British Columbia, Canada. Tucked into the southernmost
corner of British Columbians beautiful Okanagan Valley, this
habitat is home to one of North Americas most fragile and endangered
ecosystems. The area hosts one of the largest concentrations
species at risk (over 100 rare plants and over 300 rare invertebrates)
in Canada and is of international importance. The Desert Centre
is an interpretive education and research facility offering insight
into this sensitive ecosystem, its plants and animals. While
your holiday, golfing or wine touring in the Okanagan, we invite
you to take a fascinating excursion along the elevated boardwalk
and experience the intimate beauty of our special desert.
Watching - Dubai Park Tours -
- With nearly 400 species of birds observed in the emirates,
attracts many birdwatchers. Customised Bird Watching tours visiting
the popular parks - Creekside Park, Safa Park, Umm Suqueim Park
featuring lush gardens, exotic plants and variety of amusements.
Watching - South America -
- South America is a bird watchers paradise. Venezuela, Ecuador
and Peru boast some of the worlds best areas for spotting birds.
Our local, naturalist guides will take you to their favorite
Watching - Guide to Bird Watching -
- The birds of Borneo have been studied over the past 170 years.
The aim of this checklist has been to draw together all the available
information from past and present studies, focusing on Sarawak.
This list is compiled from personal observations of the birds
of Sarawak over the years 1994-96 together with data obtained
from other observers and the available literature. Common and
scientific names and the taxonomy used follow those of Sibley
and Monroe (1990) and (1993). This publication is designed to
be used with a field guide for species identification, and suggested
titles are given below under ' Field Guides'.
Watching - Hong Kong -
- Hong Kong Bird Watching Society. Chinese and English versions.
Watching - Iceland -
- One of the great advantages of coming to Iceland for an outdoor
activity vacation is that there is an awful lot of space in which
to do things, but not many other people to share it with. Most
of the 240,000 population lives in Reykjavik, the capital city,
with the rest scattered around the coastal margins and valleys
in small fishing villages or farming communities. The interior
is mostly uninhabited.
Watching - Iceland -
- Iceland has sometimes been called a bird watchers paradise.
This activity has the advantage that it cost nothing once you
reach a suitable spot. Large colonies and breeding grounds are
found in various places throughout the country. Lake Mŗvatn, Látrabjarg
in the West Fjords and the Snĺfellsnes peninsula in the west are
among the best places for bird watching in Iceland, while closer
to Reykjavík, visits to the Reykjanes peninsula and the Westman
Islands are always rewarding. For information about special bird
tours with expert guides contact the tourist information offices.
Watching - Indiana Dunes and National Lakeshore -
- Because the Indiana dunes has so many diverse habitats, the
opportunity to view a great variety of birds nesting here are
numerous. During the spring and fall migration, the enormous size
of Lake Michigan has a funneling effect on the path the birds
must take. Which, again gives the birder a rare opportunity to
view many species not normally seen together. With the help of
local experts like Mr. Kenneth J. Brock, local photographers and
the naturalists at the Indiana Dunes State park, I hope this site
will someday provide an accurate impression of what the area has
to offer the birder.
Watching - Info Hub -
- Welcome to world's largest source for unique adventure, art,
learning, and sport vacations. Your Bird Watching General Information
Watching - Inn at Chachalaca Bend -
- Los Fresnos, Texas - Over 40 acres of natural landscaping and
the chance to view hundreds of species of birds await you at our
unique bed and breakfast inn.
Watching - Introduction to Bird Watching -
- According to a recent U.S. Fish and Wildlife survey, 76 million
Americans currently enjoy the sport of watching birds. It‚s easy
to understand why. Birds are colorful, interesting to watch or
listen to and relatively easy to attract to our backyard. Courtesy
of the Texas Parks & Wildlife Department.
Watching - Kenmare, North Dakota -
- Traveling around the Trade Corridor. Goose Capital of North
Watching - Kootenai National Wildlife Refuge -
- North Idaho. Bonner's Ferry. Our office is located in Bonners
Ferry, Idaho. The refuge manager and staff are responsible for
managing the 2,774 acre Kootenai Refuge, located in the northern
panhandle of Idaho. The refuge serves as a resting and feeding
area for migratory bird.
Watching - Lake Kitandara Tours & Travel Uganda -
- We lead you through the Uganda National Parks where you are
able to watch and record over 296 Bird-species a day. Uganda has
over 1000 Bird-species.
Watching - LARC Worldwide -
- LARC offers birding, wildlife and nature tours in all the countries
that we represent. We can tailor a tour to fit your individual
or group interests, tastes, finances and limitations.
Watching - Les Cheneaux Islands -
- Cedarville / Hessel, Michigan. Bird Watching news.
Watching - Minnesota Birding Network -
- Many helpful and informative pages.
Watching - Minot, North Dakota -
- Minot Convention & Visitors Bureau. Discovery the Magic City.
Minot is for the birds and birdwatchers.
Watching - New Orleans Area -
- Rich swamp woodland can be explored along 9 miles [14.5 kilometers]
of trails in the Barataria Preserve Unit of Jean Lafitte National
Historical Park and Preserve just south of New Orleans. Stop at
the visitor center on Louisiana 45 (Barataria Boulevard) to gather
maps and information, then head north 1 mile [1.6 kilometers]
to the Bayou Coquille Trail, a short, handicapped-accessible,
paved-and-boardwalk path that passes through several ecological
zones on its way from live-oak forest through bald-cypress-tupelo
swamp to marsh.
Watching - New Zealand - Nature Quest Peninsula Nature Tours -
- Dunedin. Nature Quest New Zealand Ltd. is celebrating. We are
entering our second decade in natural history and educational
travel - in designing and guiding birding, botanical, general
nature, and educational study programmes in New Zealand for individuals,
groups, colleges, societies, universities and special interest
Watching - New Zealand - Otago Peninsula Wildlife Tours -
- Down under in the South Pacific's scenic New Zealand, the Otago
Peninsula frames Dunedin's harbour, providing a spectacular setting
for unique historical and natural features.
Watching - Northern Arizona Audubon Society -
- To promote the understanding and appreciation of birds and to
conserve and restore natural ecosystems, focusing on birds and
other wildlife, for the benefit of humanity and earth's biological
Watching - Oconee Forest Park Virtual Bird Watching -
- .........begin the virtual bird watching game.
Watching - Olympic Peninsula -
- Washington. The North Olympic Peninsula offers exceptional bird
watching year round. Our mild winter supports large numbers of
ocean birds, including waterfowl. Spring and fall are migration
times and offer great diversity in species. Summer residents are
numerous and varied due to the diversity of habitat - from rain
forest to tidelands.
Watching - Open Air Expeditions -
- Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco Mexico. Click on Bird Watching.
Watching - Pacific Northwest -
- Birds and bird watching in the Pacific Northwest: Oregon, Washington,
California, Idaho. Birder and birding guide.
Watching - Packwood -
- Packwood is the heart of Volcano Country, located centrally
between Mt. Rainier, Mt. St. Helens, and Mt. Adams, state of Washington.
This is the perfect location for relaxation. We are the perfect
destination for hiking, hunting, fishing, bird watching, skiing,
snowmobiling, wildlife watching and camping.
Watching - Portugal -
- A blend of guided bird watching throughout southern Portugal
with a centralised location in a sparsely populated region of
unique beauty. Your stay in this friendly country is hosted at
Quinta do Barranco da Estrada, a small family-run hotel in a stunning
lake side location.
Watching - Prairie Waters -
- The five county Prairie Waters Region is located 120 miles west
of Minneapolis, at the headwaters of the Minnesota River. This
agricultural area is known for its natural resource attractions
and colorful history. A combination of refuges, public management
areas, a state park and private lands along the Minnesota River
form one of the largest intact river ecosystems in the United
States. The 62,000 acres of managed wetland, woodland and virgin
prairie provide an excellent environment for wildlife and native
Watching - Prescott Audubon Society -
- The mission of Prescott Audubon Society is to preserve and protect
our environment for all who inhabit it. The society pursues these
goals through education, field work, social activities, and activism.
Watching - Puerto Vallarta -
- Discover Pacific Tours. Puerto Vallarta. Whale watching : Dolphin
Watching : Bird Watching.
Watching - Quivira National Wildlife Refuge -
- Stafford, Kansas. Click on Wildlife Viewing and Bird Watching
Watching - Rocking Horse Ranch -
- Wyoming Bird Watching Ranch Vacation. Birders help us to identify
all the birds that visit Rocking Horse Ranch.
Watching - Rossland -
- Canada. Kootenay's. Rossland. Here you will find information
on everything from the great outdoors, including world class skiing
and mountain biking, to commercial business information and municipal
events. You can even make your own reservations on-line by going
to the accommodations section. We hope you'll come and experience
Rossland's hospitality and learn more about Canada's best kept
Watching - Salton Sea National Wildlife Refuge -
- Click on: Animal & Wildlife / Scroll down to Bird Watching at
the Salton Sea. One of the best areas for bird watching in Southern
California is the Salton Sea National Wildlife Refuge (NWR). The
Refuge was established in 1930 by Presidential Proclamation. Originally,
the refuge consisted of approximately 35,000 acres. Now, because
of flooding by the Salton Sea, only about 2,200 manageable acres
remain. Dikes are expected to keep the sea from further expansion
on the refuge.
Watching - San Pedro, Belize - Birds of Ambergris Caye -
- Welcome to the Birds of Ambergris Caye. Many of these articles
are from a weekly column in The San Pedro Sun. Elbert and his
friend Bubba have been long-tme watchers of the birds and humans
on Ambergris Caye, and their insights are often both rewarding
Watching - Southeastern Arizona Bird Observatory -
- A non-profit organization dedicated to the conservation of
birds of southeastern Arizona, their habitats and the diversity
of species that share those habitats through research, monitoring
and public education.
Watching - Sullys Hill National Game Preserve -
- North Dakota. Located near Devils Lake, Sullys Hill National
Game Preserve is home to richly forested hills, wetlands, and
prairie grasslands. Due to this varied habitat Sullys Hill is
also home to over 250 species of migratory birds and waterfowl.
The refuge consists of 1,674 acres of varied habitat and maintains
a big game unit, which is home to American Plains Bison, Rocky
Mountain Elk, Whitetail Deer, Wild Turkey, Prairie Dogs, and many
other wildlife species.
Watching - Thailand -
- I've dreamt about seeing rare birds in Thailand, but I had no
idea that it would be so easy.
Watching - Tourism Lewis County -
- Washington State. The Mountains, The Trees, The Greenery Renew
your sense of community in Volcano Country. Select your favorite
activity and go to Quick Links. In a state renowned for its parks
and wilderness areas, Southwest Washington's Lewis County boasts
some of the best and most varied outdoor opportunities for camping,
fishing, hiking, and family fun. Lewis County's pastoral setting
ranges from gently rolling prairies and river valleys in the west
to the rugged Cascade Mountains in the east for skiing, mountain
climbing, hunting, horseback riding, and wildlife watching.
Watching - Trail Wise Guides -
- Vail, Colorado. We love birds and we love to watch them. Eagle
County, where we take our tours, is blessed with a wide variety
of avian habitats from the Alpine Tundra and Krummholz of the
high peaks, to the Sagebrush Shrublands, and Pinon-Juniper Woodlands
along the Colorado River Valley. That makes for great birding
for both expert and beginner alike, with birds like the Goshawk,
White-tailed Ptarmigan, Rosy Finch, Clark's Nutcracker, and Band-tailed
Pigeon to please the "life lister" and plenty of different birds
to initiate the first time birder.
Watching - Trivia Game for Bird Watchers -
- As you might have suspected, this game is all about the wild
birds of North America. Topics covered in the game include such
things as habitat, field marks, mannerisms, and diet.
Watching - Tucson Audubon Society -
- Tucson Audubon Society is dedicated to improving the quality
of the environment by providing education, conservation, and recreation
programs, as well as environmental leadership and information.
Watching - Victor Emanuel Nature Tours -
- Victor Emanuel Nature Tours is the world's largest company
in Bird Watching tours. In operation for many years, "VENT" offers
nearly 140 birding and natural history adventures each year to
over 100 destinations worldwide. We continually endeavor to be
a catalyst in the fields of ornithology and ecotourism.
Watching - Victoria & Vancouver Island B.C.
- Over 380 different species have been recorded in this region
with average yearly totals in Victoria of over 240 species. Visiting
birders are likely to record up to 150 species in a three week
period. The best months are during the Spring and Fall Migrations
though most species can be found here year round. Habitat diversity
includes High Alpine to Tidal Mud Flats, Dense Old Growth Rain
Forest to Open Ocean and everything in between. The variety and
diversity of habitat offers an exciting birding tour for any birder.
Watching - Whidbey - Langley - Lone Lake Cottages & Breakfast
- Washington State. We have it all ...the best the world has to
offer. Your cottage will give you complete privacy for a relaxing
or romantic interlude. A total escape. There are unobstructed
views of several farm estates and forested hills surrounding Lone
Lake's shoreline. A boat or canoe ride is almost sure to provide
the thrill of seeing dear, Blue Heron, Bald Eagles, otters and
an abundance of wild ducks and geese. You are welcome to visit
our large outdoor aviary's which are home to over 200 unique and
colorful birds, native duck and swans, many nesting. Enjoy the
beautiful landscape and waterfalls. Trout fishing is excellent,
it's Open all year. Come and enjoy.
Watching - White Mountain Audubon Society -
- Serving National Audubon Society and Bird Watching enthusiasts
in east-central Arizona since 1987. White Mountain Audubon Society
is dedicated to the enjoyment of birds and other wildlife by
environmental leadership and awareness through fellowship, education,
community involvement, and conservation programs in the White
Mountains and surrounding areas.
Watching - Wings -
- Please note that there are a series of links at the very bottom
of each tour description accessing, in most cases, a recent bird
and narrative, and in a growing number of cases, a collection
of trip images. The tours we offer are in a sense labors of love,
the brainchildren of our leaders who have typically spent months
and in many cases years in their favorite regions. The itineraries
represent their sense of the best places to take groups watching
birds, filtered through the pragmatic screen of our local ground
agents and the WINGS office. The results, we believe, are tours
which are full of birds, educational, safe and great fun.
- You love wild birds and Bird Watching and we are happy you
us. Birding is the most extensive section of this site. You will
find checklists which span the globe, birding Hot Spots, and
bird alert phone numbers. In the Backyard Birders section you
can also find information on seeds to attract birds, building
bird houses, and links to home pages of other bird watchers.
- .....Birding with a Purpose.
Report and track the birds online ... any place, any time !
on Bird Watching -
- Feather your nest with bird-watching books.
- Telescopes - Binoculars - Spotting Scopes Accessories and more
Tours of Oregon -
- Sightseeing and Nature Day Tours of Oregon and SW Washington
for Individuals, Small Groups and Conventions. Tours include door-to
door transportation from Portland Oregon USA metro area.
Ferry Chamber of Commerce -
- We extend an enthusiastic invitation to you, your family, and
friends to plan a visit to one of the most beautiful and picturesque
vacation areas in Arkansas called the "Heart of Greers Ferry Lake."
Beginning in early spring, the countryside is alive with wild
flowers, redbud and dogwood trees in full bloom, and a vast variety
of birds ranging from bluebirds to eagles. October brings the
"Flaming Fall Revue," when the hillsides are afire with changing
foliage. A trip to our area is a must for the camera "bug" or
"nature lover." Year-round fishing and the availability to all
water sports makes Greers Ferry a vacation wonderland and a great
place to live. Many with homes elsewhere are discovering the pleasures
and comforts of a "winter stay" in Greers Ferry.
Favorite Links -
- Birds -- Butterflies & Beetles -- Whales & Dolphins -- Fish
& Aquarium -- Environmental Protection -- TAS Sites -- Ecology
- Patagonia. Environmentally conscious designers of technical
outdoor clothing for skiing, climbing, snowboarding, paddling,
biking, fly-fishing, running and travel ....committed to the core.
- My life as a seasonal Wildlife Biologist. Links, Links Links
and more Links. Wildlife Biology -- Botany and Wetlands - Biological
Equipment & Software -- Parks and Recreation -- Forestry -- Aquatic
Entomology -- Oceans, watersheds, lakes and rivers -- Natural
Resources Jobs -- Canadian Natural Resource Jobs -- Worldwide
Natural Resource Jobs -- Fisheries Jobs - Entomology Jobs --
Jobs -- Civil Engineering and Consulting Jobs -- Bird Links.
- Recreational opportunities on federal lands. This is your one-stop
source for information about recreation on federal lands.
Audubon Society -
- Seattle Audubon Society protects birds and the natural environment
by involving volunteers and the community in education, advocation,
advocacy, preservation, science and enjoyment.
Geological Survey -
- Created by an act of Congress in 1879, the USGS has evolved
over the ensuing 120 years, matching its talent and knowledge
to the progress of science and technology. Today, the USGS stands
as the sole science agency for the Department of the Interior.
It is sought out by thousands of partners and customers for its
natural science expertise and its vast earth and biological data
holdings. The USGS is the science provider of choice in accessing
the information and understanding to help resolve complex natural
resource problems across the Nation and around the world.
Department of Fish and Wildlife -
- Sound Stewardship of Washington's Fish and Wildlife.
You are here: Home
- Travel Results - Bird Watching
Copyright 2000-2006 TravelResults.com.
All Rights Reserved.
This website designed, maintained and
hosted for Travelresults.com by
...when it's time to establish an Internet presence.