- A blast to the past. There are still over 500 operating drive-ins
in the U.S. with over 900 screens. A family of four will pay much
less going to a drive-in than a walk-in theater ...and then there
is all of those teenagers.
- This web site is dedicated to all the people who enjoy attending
Drive-In Theaters across America. Also to the Drive-In owners
who still operate every year, bringing enjoyment to thousands.
So let down the top on the old Chevy and take a cyber trip to
- The Focalpoint for Drive-ins on the Internet. The Guide to
Drive-in Movie Theatres. Take a ticket and come on in. Drive-Ins
through-out the USA, Canada, Australia and Europe.
- Welcome to the "Drive-In Trader" website. This website was
created to enable Drive-In Theatre fans and collectors a way
to trade and sell Drive-In items to other Drive-In collectors.
- The definitive resource for Drive-In Information. Translation
for 5 languages.
- Welcome to Drive-On-In. Have you noticed that drive-ins are
experiencing a revival. A number of drive-ins are re-opening
for business, and new ones are even being built from scratch.
Drive-in sub-culture is thriving these days. Because of their
nostalgic appeal, drive-ins offer a refreshingly unique alternative
to cineplexes and other forms of today's commercialized entertainment.
Drive-ins appeal to young and old alike especially families
all looking for good value for their entertainment dollar.
Drive-In Theater -
- Newberg, Oregon. Only 23 miles west of Portland. The 99W Drive-in
theatre opened in August 1953 with "Sea Devils" and "Under the
Sahara" as the first features to be played there. The theatre
was built by my Grandfather, J.T. (Ted) Francis who, at 98 years
old, worked 6 nights a week at the Cameo theatre until a few
weeks before his death in 1999. The Cameo is a nice single screen
cement poured movie house built in 1937 located in downtown
Newberg. Open every night of the week.
B Monster -
- The Internet's coolest Cult-Movie Resource.
Fads Museum -
- The first drive-in movie was shown in the driveway of Richard
Hollingshead's Camden, New Jersey home. Hollingshead sat in
his car while his 16 millimeter projector displayed a movie
on a screen he projected.
- Baltimore, Maryland. The Bengies Drive-In Theatre features
the BIGGEST movie theatre screen on the entire East Coast (measuring
52 feet high and 120 feet wide). The Bengies Drive-In Theatre
also features TriPPPle features almost every Friday and Saturday
night, cartoons, vintage trailers and intermissions clips, in-car
heaters and dusk till dawn shows. Please note that a radio is
required to listen to the movies and you'll be glad you have
one because our state-of-the-art FM broadcast system will impress
you. AM broadcast is provided as well for your convenience.
- Granbury, Texas. Welcome to the Brazos Drive-In Show Information.
here for Movie Info, Showtime, and Price.
Stars of Film and Television -
- a.k.a., 'The real reason to bother watching that show!'
- Film Threat - Hollywood's Indie Voice .....reliable sources
of reviews and Hollywood inside dirt out there.
Movie Database -
- Just what the title says -- information on just about every
movie ever made.
S Dietz Movie Posters -
- For my past clients and for first time visitors to this web
site, let me say a few words about myself. I am a long time
vintage poster dealer and my speciality is movie posters and
in recent years, French posters (movie posters, publicity posters,
jazz posters, fashion posters, war posters, etc).
- The man, the myth, the patron saint of drive-in movie culture
himself: Joe Bob Briggs.
Cliches List -
- "When you enjoy something, you must never let logic get too
much in the way. Like the villains in all the James Bond movies.
Whenever Bond breaks into the complex: 'Ah, Mr. Bond, welcome,
come in. Let me show you my entire evil plan and then put you
in a death machine that doesn't work." -- Jerry Seinfeld, "Sein
- Roger Ebert .....
the Humanity -
- Dedicated to the all-time worst movies ever witnessed by human
- An online encyclopedia of Route 66, roadside icons, mid-century
Googie architecture, bowling alleys, diners and yes, drive-in
Six Drive-In Theatres -
- Atlanta, Georgia. Now playing and special events. Built in
Drive-In Theater -
- Locate 20 miles north of Buffalo in Lockport, New York. For
information call 716.625.8535.
You are here: Home
- Travel Results - Drive-In Theatres
Copyright 2000-2006 TravelResults.com.
All Rights Reserved.
This website designed, maintained and
hosted for Travelresults.com by
...when it's time to establish an Internet presence.