Oaks Pharmacy -
- Fair Oaks Pharmacy & Soda Fountain has been South Pasadena's
friendly corner drug store since 1915. When Michael and Meredith
Miller purchased Fair Oaks in 1989, they became enchanted with
the idea of restoring the pharmacy to its original turn-of-the-century
style, complete with a soda fountain and lunch counter. Located
at 1526 Mission Street (at Fair Oaks), South Pasadena, California
- (818)-799-1414 On Route 66.
Valley, Arizona -
- The Golden Valley Chamber of Commerce would like to welcome
you. Some call it paradise and some say it's one of the southwest's
best kept secrets. Here, nestled between the Cerbat and Black
Mountains, the desert comes alive with wildlife and mother nature
lives in all her beauty. Kingman, the county seat of Mohave County
is Golden Valley's neighbor to the east. Laughlin, home of 11
popular casinos offering fine dining, top name entertainment,
and 24 hour gaming, lies on the Colorado River and is Golden Valley's
neighbor to the west. Within close proximity of major metropolitan
areas and old mining towns, Golden Valley also lays claim to a
portion of "Old Route 66" as it winds its way to the historic
town of Oatman, where burros are free to roam the streets, to
the delight of visitors young and old.
Canyon Caverns -
- Grand Canyon Caverns located on Route 66, twenty-two miles west
of Seligman, Arizona, has limestone walls formed in prehistoric
times by an inland sea. Fossils and the bones of long-extinct
animals have been found in the Caverns. Although Grand Canyon
Caverns has been open to the public for many years, each year
new discoveries and deeper wonders are uncovered. A Route 66 Classic.
Canyon - Williams - Grand Canyon Chamber -
- Nestled in the Ponderosa pines along historic Route 66, a wonderful
surprise is waiting for you. A small, mountain community of 2900
friendly folks, Williams has been hosting visitors to the Grand
Canyon for over 100 years. Surrounded by the Kaibab National Forest,
it is the perfect place to rest between day trips to the vast
array of scenic, cultural and recreational sites within a short
drive, many within walking distance.
Mathis Route 66 Photo Gallery And Essay -
- A lovely essay on Route 66's contribution to American road trip
and pop culture, along with many pictures from the road and links
to other Route 66 sites.
Historic Route 66 Federation -
- National Historic Route 66 Federation. A Nationwide Organization.
It's how millions of Americans traveled coast-to-coast from the
'20s to the '60s, and now all the info you need on 66 is online.
Contains the facts on what you can do to preserve 66, roadside
attractions, photos, retro postcards, more.
Mexico Department of Tourism -
- Route 66 was the Mother Road - a 2400-mile highway that passed
from Chicago, through eight states before reaching Los Angeles.
In 1926, Route 66 became one of this country's first east-west
highways, offering the romance of the open road. Click on Route
Motorcycle Trading Post - Route 66 Links -
- Many interesting links.
- An online encyclopedia of Route 66, roadside icons, mid-century
Googie architecture, bowling alleys, diners and yes, drive-in
- Detailed Road Description. The detailed descriptions you'll
find are designed as a drive through guide describing almost every
turn of Route 66, so this might be a spoiler for some people.
- Where the Mother Road meets the Information Superhighway.
- Route 66 - The Mother Road - The online resource for Historic
- One of the most comprehensive sites online for those who wish
to virtually explore Old 66, with memory-filled diary entries
of those whose explored the highway, photos and info on highway
hotspots and links to articles on the highway.
- Take the offramp into a bygone era. Discover the 2,400 miles
of Route 66 and see how America traveled in the 1920's-60's. Visit
the wonderful old trading posts, gas stations, motels, tourist
traps, diners and villages along the scenic 'Mother Road.'
66 Association of Mexico -
- Route 66 Association of New Mexico - "The Mother Road in the
Land of Enchantment."
66 Corvette Page -
- Find a history of this owner's 1966 Corvette, plus his favorite
models, a Corvette photo album and links to other Corvette-oriented
66 - Drive-In Theaters -
- This is a list of Drive-In Theaters that have been located along
Route 66. Most are ghost today but there are a few still in operation.
66 Links -
- Sponsored by Route 66 Magazine, the best source of news, information
and features on the Mother Road.
66 Place -
- Mounted by fans of the historic highway in Williams, Arizona,
this page remembers Route 66 with memories from families who made
road trips on the highway. Includes gifts and 66 souvenirs, too.
66 Products -
- We are a family owned and operated company in San Bernardino,
California. Though we are a family owned outfit we pride ourselves
on providing our customers with the most unique and highest quality
Route 66 Collectibles available. We look forward to hearing from
you with any ideas or suggestions you my have.
66 Welcome Center and Gift Shop -
- "The Mother Road", Route 66 was featured in John Steinbeck's,
The Grapes of Wrath, and later a movie of the same name. The trip
of flight from the depression dust bowl to the promise of "golden"
California is a true classic view of the depression era. Later
the unifying thread in the popular 1960-64 television series,
Route 66, it was the setting for many hour-long dramas as actors
Martin Milner and George Maharis traveled across the U.S.A. in
a red Corvette.
You are here: Home
- Travel Results - Route 66
Copyright 2000-2006 TravelResults.com.
All Rights Reserved.
This website designed, maintained and
hosted for Travelresults.com by
...when it's time to establish an Internet presence.