Disaster Information .....
on the World -
- ......our Violent Planet.
around the World -
- Satellite pictures of cities throughout the WORLD.
Zoom In or Out.
- Google Earth -
- Google Earth – Explore, Search and Discover .......
Want to know more about a specific location? Dive right in -- Google Earth combines satellite imagery, maps and the power of Google Search to put the world's geographic information at your fingertips.
Google Earth puts a planet's worth of imagery and other geographic information right on your desktop. View exotic locales like Maui and Paris as well as points of interest such as local restaurants, hospitals, schools, and more. Click on GET GOOGLE EARTH - Free Version.
- Radio Locator -
- Welcome to Radio-Locator, the most comprehensive radio station search engine on the internet. We have links to over 10,000 radio station web pages and over 2500 audio streams from radio stations in the U.S. and around the world.
- The World's Largest Online Library. Search the Library.
- World Newspapers -- Today's Front Pages -
- Welcome to Worldwide Newspaper Front Pages. Keeping current with the WORLD! day by day.
- The EnviroLink Network is a non-profit organization which
has been providing access to thousands of online environmental
Disaster Center -
- ......many informative and helpful links, including a CHAT
- Observing the Earth......
- Offering unmatched news coverage featuring top stories,
including breaking news.
- Welcome to USA Today !!
- The Times Online. The best of the Times and The Sunday
Times, in real time.
- WorldNews -
- Latest News form WN Network.
Newspapers - USA and the World -
- Read today's news today in any City / Country in the world.
Thousands of world newspapers at your fingertips.
- Read All Newspapers Here -Exact digital replicas of more
than160 newspapers from 50 countries. All the News - All the
Frequently Asked Questions -
- Welcome to NOAA Frequently Asked Questions.
- This site is currently hosted by the Department of Earth
and Space Sciences at the University of Washington.
This is a world-Wide Web site that has been developed to provide general information
about Tsunamis.An interactive, on-line, tsunami-information resource.
- Welcome to Tsunami ....from Wikipedia, the free Encyclopedia.
A tsunami pronounced (tsoo NAH mee) is a wave train or series
of waves generated in a body of water by a pulsating or abrupt
disturbance that vertically displaces the water column. The
term "tsunami" comes from the Japanese ?? meaning
tsu (harbor) and nami (wave).
Tsunami Museum -
- The goal of the Pacific Tsunami Museum is to promote public
tsunami education for the people of Hawaii and the Pacific
Region. The museum will also preserve the social and cultural
history of Hawaii and promote economic development on the
island of Hawaii as well as statewide. The museum will serve
as a living memorial to those who lost their lives in past
Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration -
- Welcome to NOAA Home Page.
National Weather Service -
- Welcome to the West Coast & Alaska Tsunami Warning
Center. Working together to save lives.
After an Earthquake, a tsunami may follow .....
Move quickly to higher ground !
- Global Earthquake Response Center.
- Earthquakes are the only National Disaster that has not
been subject to prediction. Earthquakes kill suddenly
and strike without warning.
- Earthquakes are a serious natural hazard in many parts
of the world. They often seem to strike without warning,
sometimes inflicting massive damage and casualties.
Worldwide Health -
- National Center for Infectious Diseases.
- Coastal & Marine Geology Program. Science for a changing
- Tsunamis & Earthquakes -
- General information on how local tsunamis are generated
by earthquakes as well as animations, virtual reality models
of tsunamis, and summaries of past research studies.
- Tracking the Tropics - Hurricane's -
- This site provides the purpose of being able to find current Atlantic tropical weather information all in one place.
- U.S.A. Hurricane activity and update.
- U.S.A. Hurricane activity and warnings. This image is
updated as often as needed.
Watches and Warnings -
- A hurricane watch is issued when hurricane conditions
are possible within 24 to 36 hours. A hurricane warning is
issued when hurricane conditions (winds of 74 miles per hour
or greater, or dangerously high water and rough seas) are
expected in 24 hours or less. Here are several tips you can
follow if a hurricane watch or warning is issued.
Hurricane Centre -
- A glossary of Hurricane terms.
- Edward Willett Intergalactic Library
- Monsoons -
- Courtesy of Weather Phenomena.
- A Tornado Watch is issued to alert
people to the possibility of tornado development in your
area. A Tornado Warning is
issued when a tornado has actually been sighted or is indicated
- U.S. Tornado activity and update
- United States Tornado Warnings.
- Your guided to tornado safety - Courtesy of USA Today.
- Typhoons -
- Phil's Typhoons, Hurricanes and Cyclones Page. Current
information on Tropical Storms World-wide.
Today Weather -
- Your guided to USA and worldwide WEATHER - Courtesy of
- Free Live Streaming Weather - Forecasts & More For
Any US City. Download is required.
Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Sciences.
- Understanding our oceans through research & education.
Diagnostics Center -
- The mission is to identify the nature and causes of climate
variations on time scales ranging from a month to centuries.
The goal of this work is to develop the ability to predict
important climate variations on these time scales.
World Guide -
- GEsource is a free information resource for Geography and
the Environment, and is aimed at staff, students and researchers
in the HE and FE communities. Alongside a growing range of
additional services, GEsource includes a core database of
high-quality Internet resources catalogued by subject specialists
across a number of disciplines - the environment, general
geography, human geography, physical geography and techniques
- Visit Cities Around the World Via Satellite. Click on the
name of a city to show a zoomable image centered on that
city. If it's night there, and you'd prefer to see the city
by day, click the "No Night" box and press the
Update button below the image. Zoom In & Zoom Out. Show
the World Map or the Hemisphere center on the location.
- EarthWatch is an imaging and information company offering
the Digital Globe database -- the most comprehensive digital
model of the Earth available. In addition to maps, digital
terrain models, and GIS data, the Digital Globe offers on-line
access to high-resolution satellite imagery deliverable in
individual scenes, orthos, and mosaics.
Geology Club of South Australia -
- Field Geology Club of South Australia. A wide range of
useful information for Field Geology Club members who may
some aspect of geology, researching
some topic or planning on travelling in Australia or overseas.
Click on Cyberspace Library.
- Antarctica and Ice information.
Ocean World -
- News and information about issues related to the Ocean.
- You are here: Home
- Travel Results -World Disaster Information.
Copyright 2000-2006 TravelResults.com.
All Rights Reserved.
This website designed, maintained and
hosted for Travelresults.com by
...when it's time to establish an Internet presence.