- Recreational opportunities on federal lands. This is your one-stop
source for information about recreation on federal lands.
Directory - Jeep Rentals & Tours -
- The businesses listed may offer Jeep rentals and/or tours on
site or within a short distance or have four wheel drive roads
in the area.
Road Magazine -
- ....own a Jeep.
- In the beginning, any rough dirt road was worth going on - the
faster, the better. This was like Gerber's to a neophyte jeeper
- Ah, the remote location, the dust, the mud, the snow, the pounding
punishment, the lights, the gleaming paint, the off-road "look",
everything to make the machine, and of course you, look good.
To some of us, this jeeping style was the end of the line. A few
more times activating the red "4WD" light on the dash was enough.
The next car would be a sedan or family wagon. At the other end
of the line was rock crawling. In the 1960's, a sage writer described
jeeping as "creeping slowly over a large and rather attractive
pile of rocks". This description still fits as one ultimate direction
- Welcome to Jeepunpaved, U.S. Portal for Wrangler, Cherokee and
- Off-Road -
- Feature Stories, Product Reviews and more.
- Canadian Jeeping. Jeeping.net It is a Jeep thing ....you wouldn't
- Durango, Colorado - The San Juan Mountains are great for 4-wheel
driving. There are several ghost towns in the area as well as
old mines. Two 4-wheel drive companies can take you to the mountain
regions or you can take your own vehicle. Go Durango!
- Mesa, Arizona - Your desert 4x4 Safari will follow our rugged
foothills trails through our beautiful Sonoran Desert for some
good old western 4 wheelin'. Prepare yourself to experience incredible
views of backcountry Arizona as it looked long before the white
man left his mark. Your adventure will take you to wonderful panoramas
of the Superstition, Goldfield, and McDowell Mountains.
- Arkansas -
- Established in 1999, The Central Arkansas Four Wheel Drive Association's
main objective is to provide serious yet enjoyable four-wheel-drive
trails in Arkansas. From Stock 4WD vehicles to hardcore "Big Dogs"...
From mud to rocks,and all points in between, we run trails of
all kinds, and guide you to the most beautiful places in the world.
- Arizona -
- Adventures Out West. Click on Jeeping.
- Blazing Adventures -
- With many years of experience in Colorado, Aspen & Snowmass'
best outdoor adventure company will guide you on your most memorable
trip. Aspen is one of the best areas for fun and recreation in
the country. Blazing Adventures offers a wide range of activities
from wild whitewater rafting to scenic drives rich in Aspen history.
Enjoy a relaxing evening around the campfire with live entertainment
at our sunset dinner. See the majestic Maroon Bells on our downhill
bicycle tours or advance your biking skills on one of our single-track
trips. Take a tour through rugged remote peaks accessible only
by a 4 wheel-drive jeep tour to get a real feel for the scale
of the country around you. Experience the backcountry on your
own foot-power with one of our many hiking tours.
- Colorado -
- Chipeta Sun Lodge, Ridgway, Colorado. Allow time in your travel
and activities plans to experience the mountain majesty of the
rugged San Juan Mountains of Southwest Colorado. You will see
mining era ghost towns, alpine meadows filled with wildflowers,
snowfields in July, waterfalls, wildlife and much more. All providing
a photographer's paradise.
- Ouray, Colorado -
- Ouray offers endless activities. You can hike miles of trails
in the San Juan Mountains, mountain bike, experience the excitement
of four-wheeling, golf, fish, backpack, go horseback riding, visit
the Ouray museum, snow ski, cross-country ski, snowshoe, or just
soak in the Municipal Hot Springs Pool.
- Ouray, Colorado -
- Jeeping in the San Juans offers something for everyone; delicate
alpine tundra. sweeping meadows alive with millions of wild flowers'
cascading waterfalls, ghost towns, wildlife, abandoned mines and
spectacular views from elevations over 13,000 feet. You've got
to experience the San Juans to fully appreciate the thrill of
a "Jeeping" vacation in Ouray.
- Outlaw Tours -
- Noted as Colorado's best-kept secret, the spectacular scenery
of Colorado's western slope is the key to the state's colorful
past and present. Our panoramic tours and professional guides
provide the historical information to forgotten ghost towns, rich
gold and silver mines, and ancient Indian dwellings. If you have
not experienced a Colorado Jeep Tour you've missed one of life's
- The San Juans -
- To best enjoy this majestic wilderness you've got to get into
it. With no cable cars, funiculars or cog rails, you can get into
the mountains only by walking or four-wheeling. However you get
there, you'll find the views more than worthwhile when not downright
spectacular. If you're an experienced off-roader in remote mountain
areas you may want to jump ahead to the routes. If you have some
four-wheeling experience in less-demanding terrain you may benefit
from a look at our tips before deciding which routes you'll try.
- The San Juans -
- Colorado High Country Series Video. The author has spent many
years jeeping and filming the beautiful San Juans. Come share
his enthusiasm and love of the San Juans through the lens of his
camera by viewing the finest of the best views at your leisure.
- Vail, Colorado -
- Four-wheel drive jeeping adventures provide yet another opportunity
for our guests to enjoy the beautiful wilderness areas that surround
Vail. Enjoy spectacular vistas spanning miles of the Colorado
high country and observe some of the native wildlife that roams
the area. Trips are offered on the Castle Peak and Lake Creek
Trails. Both are available from May through October (weather permitting).
The Castle Peak tour offers tremendous wildflower viewing, while
the Lake Creek Trail combines a dense alpine forest setting with
an area rich in local mining history.
Jeeping Junction -
- Where off-road jeeps reign supreme. Jeeps and 4x4ing are my
favorite pastime. However, I also enjoy camping, canoeing, bicycling,
running, tennis, and I also play bass guitar.
Trails and Waters Coalition -
- The Natural Trails and Waters Coalition works to protect and
public lands and waters from the severe damage caused by dirt
skis and all other Off-Road Vehicles (ORVs). Our website is designed
a resource for the media, activists, and others wanting to know
ORVs and public lands.
West Trails Tours -
- Old West Trails Tours provides jeep, van and horseback tours
from the Phoenix area to Sedona, Grand Canyon and Tombstone, as
well as 4 hour desert jeep tours and horseback rides for Phoenix
area visitors. If you have never visited the Sonoran desert, this
site will provide a glimpse of things to come.
to Sky Eco Tours -
- Whistler, B.C. Canada - Sea to Sky Eco Tours - ATV Tours - Squamish,
British Columbia, Canada. Our operational area is the beautiful
Squamish Valley region of British Columbia, Canada. We are located
one hour north of Vancouver on the scenic Sea To Sky Highway and
forty five minutes south of Whistler, a premier North American
resort destination in the Whistler corridor.
Visitor Guide -
- Click on 4X4 Rent / Tour.
- This is My Jeep. I live in Bellevue Washington (Seattle area.)
We have some good places to wheel in the Pacific Northwest.
You are here: Home
- Travel Results - Jeeping
Copyright 2000-2006 TravelResults.com.
All Rights Reserved.
This website designed, maintained and
hosted for Travelresults.com by
...when it's time to establish an Internet presence.