- Recreational opportunities on federal lands. This is your one-stop
source for information about recreation on federal lands.
- Things to do in the Desert.
in the USA -
- One definition of a desert is an area where the annual
evaporation exceeds the annual precipitation, implying a hot,
dry region. An alternative
definition is an area with sparse vegetation, which includes
arctic tundra. This page uses the first definition.
in the World -
- The graph compares the sizes of the world's largest deserts.
See Types of Deserts for more information about individual deserts
the world. Click on Types of Deserts for World Information.
in the USA Deserts - Badlands - Gorges -
- Welcome to the Desert ........
Photo Tours -
- Las Vegas, Nevada. Adventure Photo Tours will take you on a
Photo Safari to places too beautiful for words. These private
or semi-private half and full-day tour packages in the Mojave
Desert take you to some of the most fascinating geographic locations
in the United States. Due to the spectacular scenery, most of
our locations have been used as backdrops on movie sets. Everyone
from Roy Rogers and Audie Murphy to William Shatner of Star Trek
were filmed in these wonderful locations.
- San Diego's Desert Getaway - Borrego Springs Chamber of Commerce.
A desert oasis surrounded by the largest state park in the nation
-- Anza-Borrego Desert State Park. Once you experience the grandeur,
serenity and gracious hospitality that is Borrego, you will want
to come back again, and again, and again....
- There are about 25 million acres of desert in California and
Southern Nevada. That's a lot of territory filled with all kinds
of things to see and do. Whatever you enjoy, we built these pages
to help you plan your desert adventure. Start here before you
hit the road and you are bound to have a better trip.Our driving
tours can lead you to treasured places and save you miles and
miles out on the dusty trails. Other pages give you the weather,
tips for safe travel, and a schedule of events to help you plan
Deserts of Kern County -
- For a glimpse into the Earth‚s geologic past, visit our high
desert region where visitors often feel a sense of familiarity
due to the area‚s frequent use by the film industry. The desert
communities, with their wide selection of accommodations, restaurants
and services, are excellent hubs for discovering natural wonders.
Mojave Desert -
- Exploring the Northern Mojave Desert.
Mojave Desert State Parks -
- California State Parks - Mojave Desert Office Sector Office
serves as an information source for the Western Mojave Desert.
/ Cave Creek Chamber -
- Some of the most spectacular sights of the desert await you
just a short drive north of Phoenix and Scottsdale. Towering
cacti, majestic mountains and huge boulders add to the magical
landscapes. Expect the unexpected in the extraordinary desert
- Although Death Valley is in California, it's right on the
California-Nevada border, closer to Las Vegas than to Los Angeles.
Apart from the unexpected
snowcapped mountains of winter, it's a lonely and arid place
pockmarked with suspicious looking mounds and crackling salt
flats, crisscrossed by crevassed earth and powdered with relentless
sand dunes. This is where Scorcese men, wearing lightweight suits,
gold pinkie rings and dark sunglasses, talk serious business
while turkey buzzards make allegorical circles overhead.
Valley National Park -
- Named features on maps of Death Valley include the Funeral
Mountains, Coffin Peak, Hell's Gate, Starvation Canyon and Dead
Man Pass - this is clearly a place with a bad history, reflecting
the troubles and misfortunes endured by the pioneers who first
traversed, inhabited and mined the region during the end of the
Botanical Gardens -
- Phoenix, Arizona. The purpose of the Desert Botanical Garden
is to exhibit, conserve, study and disseminate knowledge of arid-land
plants of the world, with a particular emphasis on succulents
and the native flora of the Southwestern United States.
Centre - Osoyoos, British Columbia -
- Osoyoos, British Columbia, Canada. Tucked into the southernmost
corner of British Columbia‚s beautiful Okanagan Valley, this extraordinary
habitat is home to one of North America‚s most fragile and endangered
ecosystems. The area hosts one of the largest concentrations of
species at risk (over 100 rare plants and over 300 rare invertebrates)
in Canada and is of international importance. The Desert Centre
is an interpretive education and research facility offering insight
into this sensitive ecosystem, its plants and animals. While on
your holiday, golfing or wine touring in the Okanagan, we invite
you to take a fascinating excursion along the elevated boardwalk
and experience the intimate beauty of our special desert.
- The Official Guide of the Palm Springs Desert Resorts Convention
and Visitors Authority.
- DesertRacing.com - Score international - MDR - Best in the desert.
Laughlin, Nevada - Offroad racing and more.
USA Magazine -
- An online travel and adventure guide to the American Southwest
Water Sports -
- Recreation Desert Water Sports ...a list of links to......more
information on desert water sports at a specific park.
- California Mojave Desert & Southern California Mountain
Road Magazine -
- Jeeping the Mojave.
Ruta de Sonora Ecotourism Association -
- Arizona. La Ruta de Sonora Ecotourism Association is your gateway
to the unique Sonoran Desert ecosystem that encompasses the shores
of the Sea of Cortez, the verdant wetlands of the Colorado River
Delta, stark vistas of the Pinacate volcanoes, and a multitude
of cultural sites such as ancient Hohokam petroglyphs and the
missions established by Father Kino. As your tour hosts, La Ruta
transports you to these rare and unique sites in small groups
with specialized attention to leave each guest with their own
unique understanding of the Sonoran Desert. Come with us to experience
- Carlsbad, New Mexico. Dedicated to the interpretation of the
Chihuahuan Desert, Living Desert State Park is an indoor/outdoor
living museum displaying more than 40 native animal species and
hundreds of succulents from around the world.
Dutchman Goldmine Museum -
- Apache Junction, Arizona. The Superstition Mountain Museum collects,
preserves and displays the artifacts, history and folklore of
the Superstition Mountains, Apache Junction and the surrounding
region. Perhaps nowhere in the entire United States is there an
area full of legend, history and intrigue as the rugged 160,000
acre Superstition Mountain range in Central Arizona.
Mojave National Preserve -
- The National Park Service.
The Beaten Path -
- Dedicated to providing travelers with the highest quality experiences
in the Rockies, Desert Southwest and Alaska. We are committed
to incorporating uncommon, authentic experiences, as well as the
best accommodations and most knowledgeable guides into every vacation,
in order to provide travelers with an insightful understanding
of the region, and a thoroughly enjoyable vacation. Off The Beaten
Path is devoted to protecting and promoting the health and well
being of our treasured geographic region and its people.
World Magazine -
- A Literary Adventure through the Deserts.
- Use your BACK BUTTON to return to this page.
- Marc Deneyer - Sud Maroc, South Morocco, Desert #1.
in the Tunisian Desert -
- Read a brief account of two men hunting for scorpions along
the rim of the Sahara Desert.
You are here: Home
- Travel Results - Deserts
Copyright 2000-2006 TravelResults.com.
All Rights Reserved.
This website designed, maintained and
hosted for Travelresults.com by
...when it's time to establish an Internet presence.