& WALKING -
- ....mean streets - endanger walkers.
- Recreational opportunities on federal lands. This is your
one-stop source for information about recreation on federal
to Peak Trail and Wilderness -
- Hiking, Backpacking, Trail and Wilderness Worldwide Web Sites.
Choose from Thousands of Trails and Hikes.
Places and Walks -
- Walking throughout the WORLD. Walks by region, terrain and
in the USA Deserts - Badlands - Gorges -
- Welcome to the Desert ........
Trail Association -
- Northern Minnesota's Gunflint Trail is a year-round vacation
destination surrounded by the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness
(BWCAW) and Superior National Forest. From the village of Grand
Marais on Lake Superior's north shore, the Gunflint Trail (County
Road 12) winds 63 paved miles north and west to Saganaga Lake
at the Canadian border. Fall offers striking colors and prime
hiking, biking, and canoeing. Winter features world-class cross-country
skiing, dogsledding and skijoring, snowshoeing, snowmobiling,
and sleigh rides. Spring brings wildflowers, great fishing,
and migrating song birds. Summer is for boating, relaxing,
canoe trips, and camping. Your friendly and knowledgeable northwoods
hosts provide lakeside resorts, cabins, B&B's, canoe outfitters,
and campgrounds with modern comforts and amenities - rustic
to luxurious - including fireplaces, hot tubs, saunas, and
some truly great food. Look around the site (and come back
often). We look forward to welcoming you to a vacation of a
different nature on the Gunflint Trail.
- Welcome to Brigade Quartermasters On-Line Catalog.
- A compact and useful guide that instructs how to predict and
observe weather patterns while traveling in the great outdoors
-- it also works at home, but don't tell anyone 'cause the weathermen
and women like to feel useful.
Sports Online -
- Welcome to Adventure Sports Online. If having the wind in
your face and your heart in your throat is what makes you feel
alive, then this is the place for you. Team Adventure has made
it easy for you to find outfitters and tour guides for your
next outdoor adventure. Outdoor activity resource for whitewater
rafting, kayaking, canoeing, backpacking, hiking, outdoor gear
and more. This is a very nice web site to visit.
Resources Laboratory -
- The Air Resources Laboratory, conducts research on processes
that relate to air quality and climate, concentrating on the
transport, dispersion, transformation, and removal of trace
gases and aerosols, their climatic and ecological influences,
and exchange between the atmosphere and biological and non-biological
surfaces. The time frame of interest ranges from minutes and
hours to that of the global climate. Research in all of these
areas involves physical and numerical studies, leading to the
development of air quality simulation models. ARL provides scientific
and technical advice to elements of NOAA and other Government
agencies on atmospheric science, environmental problems, emergency
assistance, and climate change.
- These brews were made for Walkin'. Drink Beer - Walk - Repeat.
B.C. stands for Beer Consumption on the Ale Trail, a nine hour
pub hike that stops at six microbreweries in Victoria, British
Columbia. Meet brew masters and sip ales on an itinerary that
includes meals and overnight lodging. You didn't think you were
going home after a day like this, did you. Price $171 double
occupancy. For information call 250.721.2739.
- All Outdoors is the world's largest and most established online
community for people who love the outdoors.
- American Adventures and Roadrunner - Small Group Adventure
Camping and Hostel Tours in North & South America ....Alaska,
Canada, USA, Mexico & Peru.
- American Forests - People Caring for Trees & Forests since
Hiking Society -
- American Hiking is the only national organization dedicated
to serving hikers and protecting the nation's hiking trails.
From the halls of Congress to the backcountry, AHS speaks up
for America's hikers and the trails they love.
Mountain Guides Association -
- The American Mountain Guide Association is a non-profit organization
that seeks to represent the interests of American mountain guides
by providing support, education, and standards.
- American Trails is the only national, nonprofit organization
working on behalf of ALL trail interests. American Trails members
want to create and protect America's network of interconnected
trails. We support local, regional, and long-distance trails
and greenways, whether they be in backcountry, rural, or urban
areas. Our goal is to support America's trails by finding common
ground and promoting cooperation among all trail interests.
We're involved in everything from training trails advocates
to providing increased trail opportunities for individuals with
disabilities ....trails and greenways for ALL Americans.
- The America Outdoors Association is a professional non-profit
organization of outfitters and guides. If you like the Outdoors,
go to this web site.
Volkssport Association -
- If you like the idea of organized, noncompetitive walks in
pretty place, click here.
- From Maine to Georgia. Total mileage is a robust 2,174 and
additional miles added each year.
Parks & Resorts -
- Fire and Ice. You need to visit this web site to get the picture.
Outback Adventures -
- Guided adventures tours and bike rentals. Hiking - Mountain
Biking - Rafting.
Trail Association -
- The Arizona Trail Association is a membership organization,
seeking active supporters of the Trail, coordinating volunteers,
and providing other essential services to the Arizona Trail
project. The Arizona Trail, the dream of Flagstaff teacher and
hiking enthusiast Dale Shewalter, will eventually be a 790 mile
non-motorized trail that traverses the State from Mexico to
- The mission of the National Audubon Society is to conserve
and restore natural ecosystems, focusing on birds and other
wildlife for the benefit of humanity and the earth's biological
diversity. Founded in 1905, the National Audubon Society is
named for John James Audubon (1785-1851), famed ornithologist,
explorer, and wildlife artist.
Falls Lodge -
- Kingston, Arkansas. Ozark Mountain Region. Nestled in a secluded
glen a couple of miles north of Boxley Valley and the Buffalo
National River, Azalea Falls Lodge makes a relaxing, comfortable
getaway. Its 90-acres of woodland paths and canyon trails reveal
an enchanting slice of the legendary Ozarks for the casual stroller
and the serious hiker. A couple looking for a magical romantic
getaway or a group looking for an uncommonly comfortable place
to meet will find this luxurious vacation home the perfect retreat
for a weekend or a week.
- Azores Walks on the old scenic footpaths of the western-most
remote tip of
Europe, the island of Flores in the Azores Archipelago.
Mountain Log Cabins -
- Eureka Springs, Arkansas. Nature awaits just minutes from
Eureka Springs. Butterflies dance amid the abundant wildflowers
as the chipmunks and squirrels play hide and seek in an emerald
green forest. Our 30 acres are home to a variety of wildlife.
Hike our woods and enjoy the crystal clear blue skies of these
Ozark mountains and catch a glimpse of where bald eagles make
their home. At night you can sometimes hear the coyotes and
bears come to visit in Huckleberry season.
Country Tours -
- Here you will experience the passion we hold for the Rocky
Mountain west. Whether you yearn to mountain bike in the Canadian
Rockies, cast your fly into the world famous Yellowstone River,
hike through the canyons of Bryce & Zion or paddle the whitewater
of the Snake River, with the click through these pages you are
on your way.
- Travelling Oz - Hostelling International - En Route - Your
Place Via YHA - Your Sites - Backpackers - Bazaar. A budget
travellers guide to backpacking the world.
- A resource for backpacking, hiking and the outdoors.
- As outdoor enthusiasts participating in an array of activities
we at Backpacker's Pantry understand the need to pack light
and eat well. We are dedicated to creating dishes that satisfy
not only your palate but your nutritional needs as well. Preparing
our products using both the freeze drying and dehydration methods
not only reduces the weight and prolongs shelf life, but also
locks in all of the nutrients needed to keep an active body
fueled and ready for the next adventure.
- Western Australia is the biggest state of Australia with over
2.5 million square kilometres and a population of over 1.8 million
people. The capital city of Western Australia is sunny Perth,
which is located on the Swan River. Perth has a relaxing atmosphere
and some great beaches to chose from. Nightlife is found in
Northbridge with its various restaurants, pubs and nightclubs.
- The world's #1 Active Travel company.
Lake Outdoors -
- Located in the heart of Minnesota, Battle Lake Outdoors is
dedicated to crafting the highest quality packs and bags for
you, the customer. A family-owned business, we have built our
reputation on this quality and on the finest in customer service.
Over our 16-year history, our products have all carried a lifetime
warranty, although our bags are so well made that customers
have rarely needed to take advantage of it. Our line of products
covers a wide range of uses, taking you from travel and outdoor
adventures to school or work. Each product is designed with
cross-over functionality, performing well no matter what you
use it for.
Area Ridge Trail Council
- The Bay Area Ridge Trail Council plans, promotes, and constructs
the Bay Area Ridge Trail, a 400-mile multiple-use trail connecting
parks and preserved open spaces along the ridgelines surrounding
California's San Francisco Bay. The Bay Area Ridge Trail Council
is a non-profit organization offering outings, volunteer opportunities,
and membership benefits.
- Port of Bellingham -
- Washington State. Business Directory .. Calendar of Events
.. Parks and Trails .. Meeting Facilities .. Port Map. Click
on Parks and Trails.
Onion Walking Tours -
- New York - Since 1991 Big Onion Walking Tours has led innovative
and exciting tours through New York's ethnic neighborhoods and
historic districts. Big Onion can provide student and adult
group tours as well as lectures on numerous topics.
Sur Pfeiffer State Park - California -
- Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park has 800 acres of redwoods, conifers,
oaks, sycamores, cottonwoods, maples, alders and willows - plus
open meadows. Wildlife includes wild boars, raccoons, skunks,
and birds, such as water ouzels and belted kingfishers. Hikers
can enjoy the many scenic loops, including a self-guided nature
loop. Overlooks provide spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean
and the Big Sur Gorge. Campsites are along the Big Sur River.
Hike Adventures -
- Multisport adventures in South and Central America, Canada,
New Zealand and
Kilimanjaro. Bike, Hike, Raft, Kayak, Climb, Horseback ride
and Innertube in one adventure-filled expedition. This web site
has some excellent links.
School Inn -
- The Bingen School Inn - lodging for outdoor enthusiasts in
the Columbia River Gorge. Windsurfing, Skiing, Snowboarding,
Hiking, Climbing, Rafting, Kayaking, Mountain Biking, Fishing.
and Bliss -
- Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada - Tips 'n Tales
about the West Coast Trail.
- Wax Jacket retailers and outdoor pursuits portal. Fishing
- Hunting - Riding - Hiking - Camping. Select your language.
Canyon Country -
- Utah's Bryce Canyon Country is home to two national parks
(Capitol Reef & Bryce), a national recreation area (Lake Powell),
America's newest national monument (Grand Staircase), and three
state parks (Kodachrome Basin, Petrified Forest, Anasazi Indian
Shoals Lake - White River Area -
- Arkansas. The Bull Shoals Lake and White River area of the
Arkansas Ozarks is a one-of-a-kind destination, whether it is
for fishing, hiking, relaxation, vacation, retirement or a permanent
relocation for your family to call home.
& Robinson -
- Specializes in walking and biking tours and has introduced
excursions for families.
Central Coast -
- Pelican Network - Arts and Environment Home Page - California
- A - Roo -
- Camping and hiking information with tips for parents.
- U.S. National Forest campground Guide. This is a great web
Mountain Holidays -
- We are passionate about what we do ........
- Carmel, California - Discover the special charms of Carmel-by-the-Sea
on a 2-hour guided walking tour thru secret pathways, hidden
courtyards, award-winning gardens, and by enchanting fairytale
cottages... the homes, haunts, and history of famous artists,
writers, and movie stars. Learn about the spirit, characters,
and customs that make Carmel unique.
- Therm-a-Rest .. Platypus .. SweetWater .. Packtowl .. SealLine
Information Station -
- Oregon Caves National Monument is small in size, 480 acres,
but rich in diversity. Above ground, the monument encompasses
a remnant old-growth coniferous forest. It harbors a fantastic
array of plants, and a Douglas-fir tree with the widest known
girth in Oregon. Three hiking trails access this forest. Below
ground is an active marble cave created by natural forces over
hundreds of thousands of years in one of the world's most diverse
geologic realms. A concessioner provides CAVE TOURS for a fee.
- Challenge Unlimited prides itself in specialized tours. Every
trip gives the participants the opportunity to experience great
physical, mental, and cultural journeys ...opening up the best
that each country has to offer.
- Backpacks Shoulder Bags Waist Bags Travel Bags Accessories.
- In Cloquet, life is renewed through spring's annual encore.
A favorite vantage point to sample the season is next door to
the city of Carlton at Jay Cooke State Park where visitors are
invited to hike through mile after mile of nature trails, river
vistas and towering pines.
- .....inspired by nature.
Camping Gear by the Camping Gear Store -
- The Camping Gear Store by Armitage Hardware carries all original
quality Coleman Camping Products and is an authorized reseller
of genuine Coleman Products. If you would like to visit the
official Coleman Company, Inc. Web Site, please go to www.coleman.com.
We hope you enjoy your visit.
- The Conservation Alliance is a group of 62 outdoor businesses
whose collective contributions support grassroots citizen-action
groups and their efforts to protect wild and natural areas where
outdoor enthusiasts recreate. Alliance funds play a pivotal
role in the protection of rivers, trails, wild lands -- natural
areas where outdoor enthusiasts spend their time.
- Home of the Coos Regional Trails Partnership. Here you will
find information about the many hiking, mountain biking, road
bicycling, horseback riding, motorcycling, and boating trails
in and around the Coos region on Oregon's southern coast. An
adventure on every trail.
- Washington State. We've been expecting you. Thanks for stopping
by. Coulee City, Washington, is at the heart of Grant County,
and is home to some of the best farmers, ranchers, cowboys and
regular people there are. And when these folks aren't pickin'
rocks or brandin' calves or raisin' kids, they take advantage
of the incredible surroundings here. Camping, hunting, fishing,
boating, sight seeing and hundreds of miles of great exploring
- Washington State. The 8th Wonder of the World and North America's
Largest Concrete Structure. Our high desert hiking offers a
unique contrast to the Cascades and other parts of Central Washington.
All 22 Lake Roosevelt Boat Launches are Operational. Year-Round
Fishing. Absolutely the best fishing in the Northwest.
Country Skiing -
- XC Skiing Information from Cross Country Ski Areas Association.
Cross country ski recreation and vacations. Hundreds of U.S.
and Canadian cross country ski areas, nordic centers, and xc
trails from Cross Country Ski Areas Association. Cross country
ski snow reports. Snowshoeing trails too. Information, products
and destinations for nordic skiers. Whether your preference
is classic skiing or skate skiing it's all skiing.
- Specialists in active vacations and distinctive travel exclusively
- Sleep comfy and cozy in a silk sleep sack. Lightweight and
easy to pack in its own drawstring bag. Adds warmth in the cold.
Cool and soothing in the heat. It's a liner for your sleeping
bag or motel or hostel bed. Seven styles. Beautiful colors.
River Nature Center -
- Alaska - Connecting people with nature ...Spectacular wildlife
viewing, hiking, self-guided nature hikes, backpacking and camping
Tours of Oregon -
- Sightseeing and Nature Day Tours of Oregon and SW Washington
for Individuals, Small Groups and Conventions. Tours include
door-to door transportation from Portland Oregon USA metro area.
- Ecotrust was created in 1991 by a small group of diverse people
with the goal of fostering the development of a conservation
economy. Our work is predicated on the notion, gaining an ever
wider currency, that economic and ecological systems are mutually
interdependent. To this formulation Ecotrust and others have
sought to add a third "e" - social equity - to ensure that conservation-based
development has positive benefits for all members of the communities
in which we work, particularly those who have been economically
Slough Safari -
- Monterey, California - Elkhorn Slough is one of California's
largest wetlands and part of a National Estuarine Reserve located
in central Monterey Bay, California, just a short trip from
the Santa Cruz area and the Monterey Peninsula. The wildlife
rich reserve winds inland seven miles and provides an important
feeding and resting place for a fantastic variety of wildlife
such as playful sea otters, curious harbor seals, and hundreds
of species of waterfowl and migratory shorebirds. Each season
is unique and you may be greeted in nature's dynamic playground
by nesting birds, feeding sharks, giant slugs and endangered
animals. Elkhorn Slough Safari is an exciting way to visit this
natural, calm water habitat and will provide excellent opportunities
to view and photograph wildlife close at hand. These two hour
boat cruises include an in-depth look at various aspects of
slough ecology, fascinating history, and birding in the company
of a naturalist guide.
- Experience Plus - Specialty Tours, Inc. Bicycle & Walking
tours since 1972. Worldwide.
- Roots of Adventure.
& Game -
- Fish & Game Finder Internet - Fishing, Hunting and Vacationing.
Wheeling Adventures -
- Van-supported or independent cycling and multi-sport holidays,
with nights in charming inns, and days full of laughter, fresh
air, and fabulous food.
- .....before you purchase your hiking essentials, look at this
Wildlife Federation -
- GWF began as a sportsman's organization in 1936 and since
then we've grown to become Georgia's oldest and largest conservation
organization. Today, our members include bird watchers, hunters,
anglers, educators, gardeners, hikers - a diverse group of individuals
united by our concern and compassion for the environment. As
an organization, GWF takes stands on issues based on ecological
and wildlife principles. GWF utilizes our members' diverse interests
to work together and move toward a common goal - protecting
Georgia's tremendous natural beauty and diversity.
- Everything you need to Get Outdoors.
- Logs at Canyon Creek Resort -
- Mt Baker Cabin Rentals. The Logs Resort offers cozy Log Cabins
widely spaced along the creek and among the trees for the ultimate
in privacy and relaxation. Located next to Glacier, Washington
and The Mount Baker National Forest. Skiing, Hiking, Fishing
and Relaxing. Situated on Canyon Creek and the North Fork of
the Nooksack River The Logs Resort offers cozy log cabins widely
spaced along the creek and among the trees, for the ultimate
in privacy and relaxation. On site summer recreation facilities
feature a large, outdoor, solar heated swimming pool. Frequently
wildlife, including Eagles and Deer, may be observed while relaxing
around the pool. Snow covered Mount Baker dominates the view
to the Southeast. Acres of forest allow one to wander among
the native trees, and the creek bar is a fine place to collect
a variety of rocks including fossils. Trout fishing in Canyon
Creek and the Nooksack River starts in early June and continues
until late fall. Many spectacular hiking trails are nearby in
the Mount Baker National Forest. Downhill and cross-country
skiing are available nearby at the Mount Baker Ski Area which
operates, snow permitting, from November through May.
- Lodge at the Glen -
- Within these pages, I hope you will find the atmosphere that
I have tried to create, with the help of many other people.
This is a project that has been in my mind for many years and
while it is not yet a completed project, the updating and improvement
that have been made over the past year are astounding. You will
find a very warm, cozy, homey feeling to the Lodge At The Glen.
It has been a labor of love, which you will feel upon entering.
It is an alternative to the regular hotel/motel room and gives
you the option of preparing your own cuisine, if that is your
desire. You will find much to delight you at the Lodge At The
Glen. Your stay will be a memorable one and I will be happy
to help you with any special requests that you have such as
grocery shopping for you, providing a fruit basket, etc. Let
Lodge at the Glen, on Highway 12, be your own secluded getaway
at the gateway to the Western Cascades. A breathtaking view
of Kiona Peak can be enjoyed from your lodge window. You will
be within minutes of our twin sister mountains: Rainier and
St. Helens in the Gifford Pinchot National Forest, skiing and
snowboarding at White Pass, snowmobiling, fishing, boating and
golfing. Rainey Valley Winery is 5 minutes away with wine tasting
daily. Nationally recognized Raintree Nursery , which specializes
in edible landscape plants, is also minutes away. There are
many beautiful areas for hiking, kayaking, horseback riding
and berry picking, in season.
- GREATOUTDOORS.COM: Your Path to Adventure ....from the Outdoor
Network & Cox Interactive Media.
- The finest insulated backpack coolers available. The Hawaiian
Cooler Company offers a full line of styles to suit every sports
and travel need. From day hikes or trips to the beach to lunch
at the office; international travel to cross country excursions,
comfort and convenience are always yours when a Hawaiian Cooler
is by your side.
- Emphasizing the teaching of natural history, Hike Maui has
been offering spectacular hiking tours into Maui's wilderness
- Your Virtual Trail on the Web.
Little Helper -
- A line of muscular all-terrain strollers from New Zealand.
- ... waking to the sound of the mountains at dawn - the wind
in the pines, the cry of the osprey, the faint hush of a glacier-fed
stream. Imagine spending your day without appointments or deadlines.
Tours in Maui, Hawaii -
- Paths in Paradise - Hiking Tours in Maui, Hawaii. Explore
the Island of Maui which sits amidst the most isolated archipelago
in the world. See the diversity of its plants, birds, and insects
which is unsurpassed anywhere. Rediscover and appreciate the
Paths of Paradise left behind by the ancient Polynesians who
discovered and transformed this amazing place on earth. Learn
how Hawaii is trying to protect its vanishing species culture.
and Walking -
- Walking - Hiking Clubs - Place to Hike - Treks & Tours - Gear
& Boots - Email Greetings - The Trekker - Trail Books - Trail
Videos - Map Store - Trail Chatter.
Guide Service -
- Your Gateway to the Alaskan Wilderness.
to Hut - Mountain Division Hut Association -
- ....for Skiers, Snowboarders, Snowshoers, Cyclists, and Hikers
to Hut - Yurts of Never Summer -
- Pick your Colorado outdoor adventure: backcountry skiing,
hiking, camping, mountain biking, fishing, hunting or just a
relaxing setting for viewing wildlife and spectacular mountain
scenery - the yurts offer something for everyone.
Outdoor Guided Adventures -
- Explore Idaho's official adventure travel site containing
listings for over 400 outfitters/guides and related services.
Idaho has something for everyone: families, sportsmen & women,
seniors, singles, couples, and groups. Learn about Idaho's rivers,
lakes, national forests & wilderness areas; how to plan an adventure
trip; search for a specific type of trip or outfitter; or check
out the latest Hot Deals, This site is updated weekly, so be
sure to bookmark this site to stay current on planning your
Orienteering Federation -
- Foot -- Ski -- Bike -- Trail. Orienteering has been described
as "running while playing chess" and "cunning running." It is
easy to learn how to orienteer, but the challenges the sport
provides are endless. Orienteering offers an intellectual challenge
in addition to ordinary physical exercise. Orienteering is a
sport for everyone, despite their age and experience.
- Camp Kiwadinipi -
- Minnesota - Nestled among the pines, aspen and birch, running
a quarter mile along the roaring Stony River, is an oasis of
unspoiled beauty and tranquility Camp Kiwadinipi. Centrally
located with access to everything the pristine Boreal forest
has to offer, from the national wilderness BWCAW to major snowmobile,
ATV and hiking trails to countless lakes and streams, Kiwadinipi
is ideally situated for winter, fall, spring and summer activities.
- Walking trips and culinary tours.
Our Nature -
- St. Petersburg Beach, Florida. Come out and explore. Eco-Adventures,
walks, treks, retreats, kayak, hikes and more.
- ....Offering some of New Zealands most breathtaking experiences.
- Olympic Peninsula, Washington. By the Ocean in Olympic National
Park. Perched on a bluff, overlooking the Pacific Ocean, sits
one of the most memorable resorts in the Olympic National Park
- Kalaloch Lodge. Whether its a romantic getaway or a family
vacation, Kalaloch Lodge has something for everyone. We offer
incredible opportunities to explore the coastal wilderness of
Olympic National Park with all the amenities of a four star
lodge. At Kalaloch Lodge, you'll discover cozy ocean front cabins,
log cabins with Franklin fireplaces, and charming guest rooms
that suit any vacationer's lifestyle. And, of course, there
are plenty of activities for you and your family - hiking, beach
combing, fabulous dining and guided tours.
Valley Trail -
- Okanagan - Penticton & Naramata - BC, Canada. Passing
hundreds of miles
through the southern interior of British Columbia, it was a
through the toughest terrain in North America. Today, the tracks,
train whistles are gone and the Kettle Valley Railway is an
recreational resource for walking and cycling.
- Ireland -
- Escape to the Irish Outdoors.
- Castlegar -
- Canada. Kootenays. B.C. Mountain Biking and Hiking. Waldie
Island Trail. Parks & Trails. This town has a long history dating
back to the early 1800's.
Tahoe - Tahoe Rim Trail -
- The Tahoe Rim Trail Association is a volunteer non-profit
501(C)(3) organization established in 1981 to plan, construct,
and maintain the Tahoe Rim Trail. This 150-mile, twenty-four
inch, single-track trail is open to hiking, equestrians, and
mountain biking (in most areas). The trail encompasses the ridgetops
of the Lake Tahoe Basin, crossing six counties, and two states.
The Tahoe Rim Trail overlaps with approximately fifty miles
of the Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail.
- Welcome to The Original London Walks... We're by far the oldest
established walking tour company in London and with many years
in the business we're confident we've got it right. In practice
that means an astonishing variety of routes, utter reliability,
and - most important of all - superb guides.
Pass Ski & Recreation -
- Northern Idaho - Lookout Pass Ski and Recreation Area in northern
Idaho. Route of the Hiawatha, mountain bike or hiking trail,
including the Taft Tunnel --- At Lookout Pass, we're committed
to providing you and your family with a great skiing experience.
The snow comes early. It snows regularly. And our climate results
in snow that tends to be light and fun to ski.
The Outdoors -
- Welcome to Love the Outdoors. We strive to be your complete
information guide to the outdoors. We offer a camping guide,
campground directory, camping equipment, RV resources, a hiking
section and much more for you to explore. We are here to provide
you with accurate, up-to-date and comprehensive materials to
help you plan and enjoy your next outdoor adventure.
Lakes Central Reservations -
- Mammoth Lakes is the ideal get-away spot for both winter and
summer recreation. The summer months bring pleasant temperatures
and sunny skies, perfect for excellent trout fishing, camping,
rock climbing, mountain biking, horseback riding, golf and great
Don Resort -
- Othello. Washington State. An easy stop between Seattle &
Spokane .... 16 miles SW of Moses Lake. Camping - Fishing -
Hunting - Marina - Motel - Recreation - Rentals - Scouts - Seep
Lakes - Tournaments - Fun.
- A partnership among the While House Millennium Council, U.S.
Department of Transportation and Rails-to-Trails Conservancy
in cooperation with other agencies and organizations.
Bike Trails -
- Where to go and how to get there. Enjoy this guide to paved
Minnesota biking trails.
Department of Natural Resources -
- "We will work with people to manage the state's diverse natural
resources for a sustainable quality of life."
MIOX Water Purifier -
- Turn just about any stream into your personal water fountain.
Mission Kitchen -
- A unique collection of outdoor gear designed to simplify and
enhance the quality of your outdoor adventures.
- Montrail is an impassioned group of outdoor fanatics pushing
the envelope on fit and footwear technology for our favorite
sports. Be it ultra-running, alpine climbing, backpacking, or
adventure racing, we turn our indulgence in outdoors into new
designs that improve the experience.
Travel - Sobek -
- Ours is the kind of travel that real travelers - not tourists
seek ...travel that challenges your preconceptions, touches
your heart, changes your life. Imagine the pleasure of waking
up every day not knowing exactly what will happen, but knowing
youâll enjoy it.
- The Mountaineers is one of the oldest and largest organizations
in the United States devoted to exploration, enjoyment and conservation
of the outdoors and wilderness areas.Scroll down to the bottom
of the page and click on Favorite Links. This will take you
to a fantastic list of outdoor links. Make sure you visit this
Baker Lodging - Glacier, Washington -
- Your Number 1 Source for Private Vacation Rental Homes. Located
at The Gateway To Mt. Baker. So... after along day of hiking
through some of the finest trails that Mount Baker has to offer,
put your feet up and relax by the fire or soak your weary bones
in one of our many hot tub equipped homes and..... call it a
Mt. Baker Day.
- Washington State. We would like to welcome you to the Town
of Naches Official Website. Naches, a small farming community
with a population of 715 people, is nestled quietly in the foothills
of the Washington Cascades. Some of the fruit produced in Naches,
include pears, peaches, and cherries, but we are primarily known
for our Red Delicious Apples. Along with the large farming community,
we have also been blessed with excellent recreational sites.
Whatever it is you love to do, almost anything is possible in
our beautiful valley including hiking, fishing, scenic driving,
skiing, snowmobiling, and horseback riding. The sky's the limit
when you set your heart to it in the Naches area.
Barn and Breakfast -
- Located just east of Auburn, California, in the heart of the
historic Gold Country region. We are close to the World-famous
100-Mile Tevis Cup Trail and the many other scenic riding trails
first blazed by early emigrants and Forty-Niners along the rugged
slopes of the American River canyon.
Historic Oregon Trail Interpretive Center -
- It was like a six-month family road trip ...but without the
air-conditioning, the Big Gulps, or for that matter, the roads.
Oregon/California Trail Center -
- This web site celebrates the Oregon / California Trail as
it traverses the great state of Idaho and the Idaho county of
Bear Lake. As you enjoy this web site, you will find valuable
details about the historical importance of the Center, information
related to local tourist activities, accommodations, and interesting
facts that will make this site one to return to often.
Parks Conservation Association -
- Since 1919, the National Parks Conservation Association has
been the sole voice of the American people in the fight to safeguard
the scenic beauty, wildlife, and historical and cultural treasures
of the largest and most diverse park system in the world. CyberSafari
-- Park Safety -- New Parks -- Travel the Parks -- Take A Virtual
Visit of the Parks.
Wildlife Refuge System -
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
Center for Bicycling and Walking -
- We are all part of a network of people, organizations and
agencies working together to make America more bicycle-friendly
Trails and Waters Coalition -
- The Natural Trails and Waters Coalition works to protect and
public lands and waters from the severe damage caused by dirt
skis and all other Off-Road Vehicles (ORVs). Our website is
designed to be
a resource for the media, activists, and others wanting to know
ORVs and public lands.
- Arizona Chapter. Imagine wild Arizona centuries ago. When
the contours of the lower deserts still carried flowing, shifting
waters ...when tall grasses swayed like oceans across the state.
When running hooves sounded a muffled roar and migrating flocks
winged a dark cloud across the sky.
- Home page of The Nature Conservancy - Help Protect Endangered
Species. Clickable Map.
- Southern Oregon Nature Excursions offers guided scenic driving
excursions and hiking trips to some of the most spectacular
sites in southern Oregon and northern California. We offer all-day,
half-day and overnight trips to destinations such as Crater
Lake, the Redwoods, Klamath birding, the Rogue Valley, the Cascades,
Mt. Shasta, Umpqua waterfalls, the Oregon Coast, Oregon Caves,
and more. Southern Oregon and northern California are unique
in the world in the variety of exciting and special environments
to explore. You will truly experience a natural mystery tour.
Zealand - Kahurangi Guided Walks -
- Offering a personal safe unique wilderness experience for
all levels of fitness and experience.
- Welcome to Nike ACG.
California - Turtle Bay -
- Redding, California - Three wonderful museums with a summer
butterfly house, live animals, miles of walking trails. Turtle
Bay is a collection of indoor / outdoor learning attractions
with a focus on the Sacramento River watershed, its natural
sciences, art and culture, and human history.
- Lucil, Washington State. Adventure Travel in Idaho. Whitewater
rafting, horseback riding, hiking & more. All of our trips reflect
our commitment to excellence, a passion visible in everything
from our dedicated guides and professional staff to our belief
in superior customer service. Our passion extends to providing
our clients with innovative, intimate trips of the highest quality.
Please join us on our journey and allow us to share our passion
- Oregon - Westfir Chamber of Commerce. If you enjoy the natural
beauty of the great outdoors, the Oakridge-Westfir area offers
you many exciting opportunities. The majestic setting provides
a perfect backdrop for a stress-free vacation. The abundance
of the forest is all around. Its many different kinds of wildlife,
from elk and deer to bald eagles and ospreys, represent the
strength and grace of nature. Many local artists use the forest
as a source of inspiration. Come and view the many hues of green,
blue and gold.
- Open for adventure. North Central Washingtonâs Okanogan Country,
located halfway between the metropolitan areas of Seattle and
Spokane, encompasses more than 14,000 square miles of pristine,
natural beauty. Larger than several states, Okanogan Country
is bordered on the north by the Canadian Okanagan, on the south
and east by the Columbia River Basin and Lake Roosevelt, and
on the west by the 10,000 foot peaks of the majestic North Cascade
Mountains. North Central Washingtonâs Okanogan Country, located
halfway between the metropolitan areas of Seattle and Spokane,
encompasses more than 14,000 square miles of pristine, natural
beauty. Larger than several states, Okanogan Country is bordered
on the north by the Canadian Okanagan, on the south and east
by the Columbia River Basin and Lake Roosevelt, and on the west
by the 10,000 foot peaks of the majestic North Cascade Mountains.
Okanogan Country offers wide-open spaces teeming with wildlife,
spectacular scenery and rural charm. It features a diverse blend
of snow covered peaks, small towns, western history, art galleries
and museums, live theatre, farmers markets and fresh from the
field produce stands, music festivals, rodeos, country fairs
and two famous dams. The area is dotted with hundreds of lakes,
rivers and streams, and blessed by sunny days and clear, star-filled
nights. Throughout Washington State. Okanogan Country, rafting,
fishing, hiking, rock climbing, biking, horseback riding, wilderness
packing and more are available from spring through fall. Winter
offers cross-country and downhill skiing, snowboarding and snowmobiling.
- Small group travel experience. If you're accustomed to traveling
on your own, or have sworn off conventional group tours of 40
or more, let us introduce you to the beauty of small group travel.
With an intimate group of just 12 to 24 guests -- guaranteed,
you'll enjoy the best of both worlds: the value, ease, and comprehensive
itinerary of a group tour, and some of the freedom and flexibility
sophisticated travelers demand, and deserve.
The Beaten Path -
- Dedicated to providing travelers with the highest quality
experiences in the Rockies, Desert Southwest and Alaska. We
are committed to incorporating uncommon, authentic experiences,
as well as the best accommodations and most knowledgeable guides
into every vacation, in order to provide travelers with an insightful
understanding of the region, and a thoroughly enjoyable vacation.
Off The Beaten Path is devoted to protecting and promoting the
health and well being of our treasured geographic region and
Adventure TV -
- Outdoor Adventure -- Action Sports -- Animals & Environment
-- Field & Stream.
Trails Association -
- If you have ever thought about throwing all of your possessions
into the back of your car and heading out for parts unknown,
you already know the feeling that propelled hundreds of thousands
of emigrants westward in the 19th century. The Oregon-California
Trails Association, founded in 1982, is a not-for-profit organization,
headquartered in Independence, Missouri, dedicated to education
about, preservation and enjoyment of the trans-Mississippi emigrant
trails. We operate a large bookstore dedicated to offering the
best available titles on the emigrant experience. We also publish
the scholarly Overland Journal as well as our quarterly newsletter,
News From the Plains, both of which are mailed as a benefit
of membership. Our Emigrant Trails Historic Studies Series publishes
monographs dealing with the emigrant experience. In addition
to this website, OCTA sponsors the Overland Trails Mailing List,
an Internet discussion list for questions about the emigrant
- Everything Backpacks !!
Adventure River Specialists -
- Treat yourself to the O.A.R.S. brand of river vacations or
wilderness adventures. You'll enjoy fantastic river rafting,
kayaking and historical dories; catered cooking, beach sports,
hiking, and the best vacation of your life. Take a river vacation
or wilderness adventure with us this year. You'll be treated
to immense quantities of healthy, fresh foods at every meal,
excitement every day, and relaxation and entertainment every
night. Main Fork of the Salmon River. Alaska/Canada - Baja,
Mexico - California - Grand Canyon - Idaho - International Trips
- Oregon - Utah/Colorado - Wyoming.
Adventure Tours -
- Hot Springs National Park, Arkansas. Sightseeing, Hiking,
Canoeing, Vacation Packages and more. Let us be your personal
tour and shuttle provider in historic Hot Springs National Park,
Magazine Online -
- Outside has always been driven by the search for innovative
ways to connect people to the world outdoors. With the Internet,
there's a whole new layer of depth added to that quest, which
makes Outside Online a truly exciting place to be right now.
Outside Online slips the bonds of print, so we can offer you
a wealth of information in a variety of forms that you can't
get anywhere but online. We have all the space, all the media,
none of the lag time, and all the dimensions to bring you everything
from mountaintop audio clips to up-to-the-minute snow reports
to an events calendar to lists of manufacturer contacts to expert
answers to your questions. Environment .. Gear .. Travel ..
Sports .. Bodywork .. News .. Adventure.
- Out There, Canada's Adventure Travel On-Line.
Mountain Vacations -
- Ozark Mountain Region, Arkansas. A comprehensive vacation
planning guide to the Arkansas Ozarks, the Buffalo National
River, Camping, Hiking, Crafts and more.
- Welcome to the Ozark Trail Assocciation.
to Peak Trail and Wilderness -
- Hiking, Backpacking, Trail and Wilderness Worldwide Web Sites.
Crest Trail Association -
- The mission of the Pacific Crest Trail Association is to protect,
preserve and promote the Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail
so as to reflect its world-class significance for the enjoyment,
education and adventure of hikers and equestrians.
Northwest Trail -
- The 1200 mile Pacific Northwest Trail (PNT), running from
the Continental Divide to the Pacific Ocean, ranks among the
most scenic trails in the world. This carefully chosen path
is high for the views and long on adventure. It includes the
Rocky Mountains, Selkirk Mountains, Pasayten Wilderness, North
Cascades, Olympic Mountains, and Wilderness Coast. The Trail
crosses 3 national parks and 7 national forests. You can play
an important part in developing, enjoying, and preserving the
PNT. Whether you are a PNT hiker or volunteer, this Web site
welcomes you and offers you a forum.
- Packwood is the heart of Volcano Country, located centrally
between Mt. Rainier, Mt. St. Helens, and Mt. Adams, state of
Washington. This is the perfect location for relaxation. We
are the perfect destination for hiking, hunting, fishing, bird
watching, skiing, snowmobiling, wildlife watching and camping.
- Patagonia. Environmentally conscious designers of technical
outdoor clothing for skiing, climbing, snowboarding, paddling,
biking, fly-fishing, running and travel ....committed to the
to Peak Trail and Wilderness -
- Hiking, Backpacking, Trail and Wilderness Worldwide Web Sites.
A Trail -
- Offers a variety of interactive trail maps, trail-side photos,
GPS waypoints and travel information for Europe and America.
- Welcome to the Pine River Area of Central Minnesota....Hub
to the Paul Bunyan Multi-Use Trail and so much more. We invite
you to browse through these pages, which will give you a taste
of what our unique area has to offer. This 100 mile long multiple
use trail runs right through downtown Pine River. Parking is
available all seasons next to the trail. The trail runs between
Brainerd and Bemidji ...passing through several smaller towns
on the way. The trail was constructed using the Burlington Northern
Railroad grade.53.8 miles of the trail is paved from Baxter
to Hackensack and the remaining 46.2 miles has a variable surface
ranging from the original rail bed material to loose sand.The
trail is mostly level and wheelchair accessible.
- A group effort from the public agencies of Plumas County.
Rugged canyons, crystal clear lakes, grassy meadows, trout-filled
streams, fresh pine forests, brilliant star-filled skies --
they all await you in Plumas County. Located in northeastern
California, where the Sierra Nevada and Cascade mountain ranges
meet, Plumas County boasts more than 100 lakes, 1,000 miles
of rivers and streams and over a million acres of national forest.
- Pumping elbows and swinging hips are just some of the many
specifics covered in this enormous site.
- In 1938, mountain climbers Lloyd and Mary Anderson joined
with 23 fellow Northwest climbers to found Recreational Equipment,
Inc. (REI). The group formed a consumer cooperative to supply
themselves with high-quality ice axes and other climbing gear.
During the past six decades, REI has grown into a renowned international
supplier of specialty outdoor gear, currently serving more than
1.8 million active members through 60 retail stores in the U.S.
and Japan and by direct sales via the Internet, telephone and
- Details about a wide range of activities, including hiking
and camping, in every state. Use the Search Engine.
- The National Recreation Reservation Service is North America's
largest camping reservation service, offering over 49,500 camping
facilities at 1,700 different locations managed by the USDA
Forest Service and the US Army Corps of Engineers.
- Loxahatchee, Florida. Close to 11,500 acres of land and river
await the visitor to Jonathan Dickinson State Park. Teeming
with wildlife, the park offers camping, canoeing, hiking and
bicycling, picnicking, fresh and saltwater fishing and guided
tours of the Loxahatchee River.
Mountain National Park - Colorado -
- The park's rich scenery typifies the massive grandeur of the
Rocky Mountains. Trail Ridge Road crosses the Continental Divide
and looks out over peaks that tower more than 14,000 feet high.
Wildlife and wildflowers call these 415.2 square miles (265,727
acres) of Colorado's front range, home.
- Tucson, Arizona. Twelve thousand years ago, Columbian mammoth
roamed here. About 1200 A.D., irrigation dams were placed in
the creek by Hohokam Indians. In the 1870's, pony soldiers from
Fort Lowell enjoyed horseback excursions to the "ol' swimmin'
hole" still in use today. In the 1930's, 180 C.C.C. workers
built bridges and 3.8 miles of road up into the Santa Catalina
Mountains.Many varieties of birds, deer and other animals make
their home here in the Coronado National Forest. Hiking trails
and picnic areas abound in the canyon.
- Walking Scotland, Trekking Nepal, Scottish Holidays, Everest
Bernardino Mountain - California -
- San Bernardino Mountain Trail Information and Trail Map. Welcome
to the San Bernardino Mountains. There is no better way to experience
the various aspects of Nature than to take a hike. The sounds,
smells, and "feel" of the forest become more immediate, personal
and meaningful. Here you will find information on trail locations,
trail difficulty, hiking tips, camping, and wildlife.
Club Trail Guide -
- Tucson, Arizona. This website is a guide to some of the trails
around Tucson. The hike descriptions include directions to the
trailhead, pictures, detailed trail directions, and summary
information such as total distance and elevation change. There
is also information about local hiking clubs.
Beach Resort -
- Welcome to Silver Beach Resort, part of North Idaho's best
kept secret. Nestled on the shores of beautiful Spirit Lake
we offer North Idaho - Coeur d'Alene. RV or tent camping, cabin
rentals, boating, fishing, hiking, and swimming on our sandy
beaches. Come stay with us. It's an easy drive to Coeur d'Alene,
Post Falls, Spokane, and many area attractions.
Country Travel -
- Silver Country Travel - Idaho, Washington and Montana Adventure
- Helpful accessories.
of Hawaii -
- Hawai`i Department of Land and Natural Resources.
River Falls -
- More than you can imagine ...Welcome to Thief River Falls,
the hub of Northwestern Minnesota. We would like to extend our
warmest welcome and hospitality to you during your visit to
our community. Our area abounds with a variety of activities
for the visitor. We are located on the new Pine to Prairie Birding
Trail and only 21 miles from the largest wildlife refuge in
Minnesota, Agassiz National Wildlife Refuge.
- We are different than most campgrounds. How ... Why are we
better. We're private.That means our preserves are kept just
for members, and their guests. In a way our campgrounds belong
to our members, so we work hard for them to create a terrific
camping experience. We've built the kind of campgrounds that
our members want with plenty of resort-style amenities. Members
rave about the pools, hiking trails, lodges, lakes, basketball
and tennis courts, laundry facilities and more. Some campers
may come just for a fun weekend with their families, while others
may camp for weeks, touring the country enjoying our hospitality
from coast to coast. Our members have full access to all of
the premium amenities each time they stay with us. Go to: Preserve.
- Find the best trails for outdoor recreation.
Stuff - Great Outdoor Reading & Provisions Company -
- The world's largest on-line store devoted solely to outdoor
books, maps, videos, and to the convenience items that can make
life on the trail both safe and fun. You can order online, via
fax or just give us a call at (888)994-4677 toll-free.
- Check out our Featured Gear section where we spotlight new
or outstanding outdoor products.
- Hiking and mountain biking trails covering North America,
this is your connection to the outdoors.
and Greenways Clearinghouse -
- Provides technical assistance, information resources and referrals
to trail and greenway advocates and developers across the nation.
- National Geographic Maps.
- Originally designed for the world's most elite agencies operating
in the toughest conditions on earth, Ultimate Survival outdoor
tools are now available to all outdoor enthusiasts, from the
weekend hiker to the avid mountaineer. Ultimate Survival fire
starters, signaling devices, hand chainsaws, modular vests,
and all-weather carrying cases are essential, potentially lifesaving
accessories for anyone who ventures into the wild.
- Caring for the Land and Serving People.
Fish and Wildlife Service -
- Conserving the Nature of America.
Geological Survey -
- Created by an act of Congress in 1879, the USGS has evolved
over the ensuing 120 years, matching its talent and knowledge
to the progress of science and technology. Today, the USGS stands
as the sole science agency for the Department of the Interior.
It is sought out by thousands of partners and customers for
its natural science expertise and its vast earth and biological
data holdings. The USGS is the science provider of choice in
accessing the information and understanding to help resolve
complex natural resource problems across the Nation and around
National Parks -
- Welcome to the U.S. National Park Net. This site is dedicated
to providing information on all U.S. National Parks. It is our
intent to provide information that will be timely and of assistance
in planning a trip, vacation or obtaining data about a park.
On Line -
- Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco Mexico. Whale Watching - Bird Watching
- Hiking - Kayaking - Snorkeling - Island Tour - Scuba Diving
- Sea Turtles.
- Courtesy of SNAP.
- Courtesy of Yahoo!
- Walking in the nation's metro areas is dangerous business.
Mean Street runs the most hazardous areas for walkers.
- Courtesy of Walking at iVillage.com.
Adventures International -
- Walking Adventures International - Come walk with us - walking
Europe, Alaska, Hawaii, USA, Canada, Spain, Portugal, Ireland,
Italy, France, Belgium, Germany, Greece, Australia, New Zealand,
Rica, South America, Asia, Japan, China, Korea.
- ....for people who love to walk, hike and travel -- Come Walk
With Us. The Walking Connection Magazine provides original content
geared for walkers and hikers. From tips to links; foot health
to training for a marathon; from great walks and hikes to articles
that can help subscribers live healthier lifestyles. Detailed
and extensive, this company's site promotes adventurous walking
tours, marathons and walking in general.
Email Greeting Cards -
- This Web site is loaded with great walking links ....plus
you can email a walking greeting card.
- Straightforward and organized, this is the online version
of Walking magazine.
the World -
- Walking The World provides quality, reasonably priced walking
and hiking tours specifically designed for 50+ seniors.
Department of Fish and Wildlife -
- Sound Stewardship of Washington's Fish and Wildlife.
Outfitters & Guide Association -
- The Washington Outfitters & Guides Association is the only
industry organization in Washington that represents outfitters,
sport-fishing guides, horse and llama packers, white-water rafters,
hunting guides, and other outdoor professionals who supply "outfitted
services" to the recreational public in our state.
Trails Association -
- Washington Trails Association is a volunteer-driven, non-profit
organization working since 1966 to preserve, enhance and promote
hiking opportunities in Washington state through collaboration,
education, advocacy and trail maintenance. We believe that in
addition to recreational value, our natural areas provide spiritual,
economic and environmental benefits for all people. We are committed
to preserving this rich heritage for current and future generations.
- Walk with Wayfarers. It's a world of fresh air and exercise,
of companionship and conversation, of good food and fine wine,
of peace and a sense of timelessness. Walk with us off the beaten
track and into the heart of the countryside and culture of each
land we visit. Call 800.249.4620.
Bill's Outfitter -
- Ozark Mountain Region, Arkansas. Wild Bill's Outfitter is
the largest, full service outfitter on the Buffalo National
River. For floating or fishing, we offer canoes, kayaks, rafts,
jonboats, and tubes. We offer private shuttle service for those
individuals that have their own boats. If lodging is needed,
we have the best selection in the area. Motel rooms, scenic
cabins, and a remote lodge are here at Wild Bill's.
Munger State Trail -
- The Willard Munger State Trail extends from Hinckley, Minnesota
to Duluth, Minnesota and is touted as the longest paved trail
in the USA. A year round recreational trail used by Snowmobiles,
Bikes, Inline Skaters, and Hikers. Welcoming you to share this
magnificent resource are the fine towns and amenities along
of the World -
- Once abundant throughout North America, wolves have over the
past 200 years, felt a constant impact of the Human Population.
Even today, their number continues to dwindle as they are forced
into smaller and smaller habitat.
- The World Outdoors - Adventure travel, trips, hiking tours,
biking tours, multisport tours, guides and more.
Mountain Lodge -
- Winter Park, Colorado. What a way to getaway. Biking, hiking,
fishing, golf and much more.
National Park -
- ...you are among massive cliffs and giant boulders.
- Many helpful and informative pages on active sports.
You are here: Home
- Travel Results - Hiking and Walking
Copyright 2000-2006 TravelResults.com.
All Rights Reserved.
This website designed, maintained and
hosted for Travelresults.com by
...when it's time to establish an Internet presence.