- For general information on Lighthouses, send a SASE to the United
States Lighthouse Society, 244 Kearney Street, San Francisco, California
Only Gallery -
- Aerial Photography Gallery of Lighthouses.
- Boston Light is where it all began for American lighthouses,
back in 1716. This light is one of several that guide ships
through Boston Harbor, along with the Graves Light and Long
Island Head Light.
Guard House -
- South County Rhode Island - A seaside Bed and Breakfast. A
1901 Cape Cod, former Coast Guard Life-Saving Station. The majestic
building has been lovingly restored into a romantic bed and
breakfast nestled between the towering headlands on the Mendocino
- This touring adventure takes you from east to west along the
Lighthouse Page -
- Dedicated To Those Who Keep The LIGHT !!
American Lighthouses -
- Modern beacons rule the coasts, but lighthouses keep hold
of the heart.
Brother Light Station -
- Point Richmond, California. Gourmet meals, bedrooms with views
of San Francisco Bay.
El Faro - Playa del Carmen, Mexico -
- Hotel El Faro - Playa del Carmen, Mexico - The only private
Lighthouse in the World.
Public Library - Lighthouses -
- A Photographic Journey of Lighthouses.
- Isle au Haut, Maine. Guest arrive on this 20 square mile island
on Penobscot Bay by mail boat. You can get away from it all
- Legendary Lighthouses
- The earliest lighthouses were simply bonfires built on hillsides
to guide ships. The first light served the old world city of
Alexandria in 285 B.C. The first American light came to life
in 1716 at Boston Harbor.
England Lighthouses -
- ......and Virtual Guide.
- Welcome to Lighthouse Depot's Online Catalog and Online Ordering
system. Your source for lighthouse and lighthouse-related products
on the web.
- Lighthouse Digest is the worlds only monthly lighthouse magazine
devoted to creating a new awareness of our historic lighthouses.
- Lighthouses throughout the world.
- Lighthouses throughout the world.
- West Dennis, Massachusetts - On Nantucket Sound, accommodations
include rooms in the main house, cottages with fireplaces and
Cape Cod style houses with guest rooms.
- Point Sur -
- Monterey, California - For over a century, the light of Point
Sur Lighthouse has guided ships traveling close to shore. First
lighted in August 1889.
Preservation Society -
- The long, heroic era of the lighthouse keeper has come to
an end. The Coast Guard has automated our nation's lights and
abandoned many of the facilities to the ravages of time and
- All lighthouses known to offer guest accommodations. This
list was initially compiled by the United States Lighthouse
Society, 244 Kearny Street - 5th Floor, San Francisco, California,
and has since been updated by your Keeper. Neither we, the Society,
nor anyone else receive royalties or fees from any listed facility
due to bookings created by the use of this listing.
Around the World
- This is a great Lighthouse web site. Visit it now.
of the Westcoast -
- California - Oregon - Washington.
Lightships and Aids to Navigation -
- Created by: Scott T. Price, Historian & Webmaster.
of Australia -
- This is a wonderful web site to visit.
- My Dream .....LIGHTHOUSES.
Maritime Initiative -
- Sources for Lighthouse Information.
Jersey Lighthouse Society -
- The New Jersey Lighthouse Society was formed in 1989 as a
state chapter of the United States Lighthouse Society. Founder
Jack Granger, with the help of Jim Gowdy and Kim Ruth, surveyed
over 150 New Jersey members of the USLHS to gauge interest in
beginning a state chapter. About 40 people responded to the
survey and 18 people attended our first meeting, at the Atlantic
County Library in June, 1989. From this meeting the United States
Lighthouse Society - New Jersey Chapter was formed.
Jersey Lighthouses -
- Are we there yet? Places of interest in New Jersey. Click
Jersey Tuckerton Seaport -
- Tuckerton Seaport - A working seaport village and museum,
dedicated to showcasing the environment, folklore and rich maritime
history of the New Jersey Shore, and the men and women who lived
and worked in the Barnegat Bay tradition.
- Welcome to Newport, where we're preserving the treasure of
the Oregon Coast ...from out beaches and forest, our world-class
aquarium and marine science facilities, centruy-old lighthouses
and year-round population of great gray whales, to the largest
commercial fishing harbor on the Oregon coast, we've got something
for everyone. Whatever your dream, these's a place for you here.
Point Lighthouse -
- Information Only. No Web Site. Pescadero, California. Lighthouse
and AYH-Hostel. Fifty miles
south of San Francisco. Four bungalows by the cliffside lighthouse
provide lodging for up to fifty hostellers. Separate rooms
be reserved for families and couples. Shared bathrooms with
hot showers and fully equipped kitchens. Call for information
and details. 605.879.0633.
Island Lighthouse -
- Newport, Rhode Island. This restored turn-of-the-century lighthouse
on Rose Island in Narragansett Bay has two bedrooms and a keeper's
apartment. Families welcome. A mile offshore, beyond the reach
of Newport‚s utility lines and services, the Rose Island Lighthouse
stands as an independent, energy-efficient building that was
home to keepers and their families for over a hundred years.
Lighthouse Society -
- A non-profit historical and educational organization incorporated
to educate, inform, and entertain those who are interested in
America's lighthouses, past and present.
- Lighthouse Locator - Pictures - Places - Buildings - Lighthouses.
- The World's Lighthouses, Lightships & Lifesaving Stations.
You are here: Home
- Travel Results - Lighthouses
Copyright 2000-2006 TravelResults.com.
All Rights Reserved.
This website designed, maintained and
hosted for Travelresults.com by
...when it's time to establish an Internet presence.